Agree Agree:  13
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 PGA

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

2015 PGA

I'm pretty psyched about The Masters this week. Tiger returning to competition, Rory going for the career grand slam, and 21 year old Jordan Spieth coming in on a roll. I haven't been this excited about a golf major in some time.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: 2015 PGA

Tiger probably doesn't have much of a chance. Spieth and Rory do and Spieth has been playing really well of late. Dustin Johnson has looked good since his comeback as well. Bubba Watson of course has had great success here lately too and is also having a great year.

My pick...I think I'm going with Adam Scott - he'll be able to use his more comfortable long putter this week so I'm going with him to win it. If a former champ can be a dark horse my dark horse would be Ooustheizen...has had a couple top tens and he can come out of nowhere to be in contention at slams.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I agree about Tiger. I'd love to see him come back to at least a fraction of what he used to be, but I often feel like his glory days are far behind him.

I also don't expect Rory to put the rounds together to get his grand slam this year (don't know why, it's just a gut feeling). And as much as I'd like to see him win it, I expect Jordan's still a little young and inexperienced to fight off the jitters if he gets close.

Adam Scott is another of my favorites, and I think picking him is a good bet. I'm not a fan of Bubba's but I wouldn't be surprised to see him give it a good run.

If I had to pick today I'd probably go with a not-so-well-known player, whoever that might be. There's just so much hype behind the favorites it feels like a "Whoa! Where did he come from?" kind of year to me.

I really enjoy watching golf on TV, though I do dose a good bit during it. Chris used to say it was my sleeping pill. But I actually watch enough to know (sort of) what is going on. I agree with the people you guys are touting. I'm amazed how well Dustin Johnson has done since returning from the lay-off (or suspension, or whatever it was). Jordan Spieth seems to be in contention every week, so I guess I would pick him as my favorite to win. I could see Patrick Reed doing well also, but he is definitely one who has good and not-so-good tournaments.
    I simply love watching the Masters, though the people who run it have always struck me as a bunch of hopelessly bigoted old white guys. I suppose it is still the case that their contract with TV stipulates that NO negative comments about the course or the tournament can be made by the commentators. AND the spectators must be referred to as "patrons". All of that BS rubs me the wrong way.......while I am hopelessly glued to the TV.
    GH

McIlroy should have had the Slam already but one year he shot 80 on the final day with 11th hole dooming him
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I remember that.

Can't believe it's Masters time already.

I want to see Tiger contend...however I just envision one stretch that takes him down. Even when playing (decent) the last few years it always seems there is one stretch/round. I think it is smart for him to compete in the Par 3 today, despite the scrutiny.

I think Spieth will contend, but won't be at the top.
    I like Adam Scott's chances.
    I think Matt Kuchar will do well.
    I think there will be one surprise veteran hanging around (maybe not a surprise, but it seems to change every year).
    I don't think Bubba will do well this year, nor do I think Rory will be in contention down the stretch.

My pick is Jason Day - his record here has been really good, and he is enough under the radar that he just goes about his business.

I think Jason Day is a very wise pick. GH

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Jason Day is definitely due for a big win.

::

I wish Thursday would get here! LOL.

Just saying.....I'm looking pretty good at the halfway point with my Jordan Spieth prediction. Of course, we all know that over the course of the last 36 holes, absolutely anything can happen. He has been brilliant so far. GH

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Yeah, Jordan has been amazing. Unstoppable. I'm holding my breath hoping he can keep it up for another 2 rounds.

I think this has been a bust for both Rory and Tiger. 10 shots behind the leader....
    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 04-11-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

"Oh my f*cking God." --Tiger Woods on live TV after shanking a tee shot over the meadow.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Jordan is just on fi-yah!

Here is the leaderboard after 3 rounds:

Jordan Spieth -16
    Justin Rose -12
    Phil Mickelson -11
    Charley Hoffman -10
    Rory McIlroy -6
    Tiger Woods -6
    Kevin Streelman -6
    Kevin Na -6
    Dustin Johnson -6
    Hideki Matsuyama -5
    Paul Casey -5
    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 04-11-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast