15 55.56%
  • Yes

12 44.44%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Re: Can Roger Federer reach 100 titles?

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    I also think he and Mirka purely love the tennis life. The people they're around, the destinations. I wonder if their daughters will soon want to be in one place longer, for school and friends and sleepovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mirka and the kids travel less now , Federer went to few tournaments alone.

Tennis statistician
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I was looking into this situation, when all the media claims that Roger is about to eclipse Ivan Lendl with 95 titles. In my database I have Ivan with 95 titles as well. ATP for some reason does not recognise Rotterdam 1984 as a title for Ivan. They just consider that the final between him and Connors wasn't played. But ITF has a result listed with Lendl as a winner 6-0,1-0 (A). I just don't know what "A" stands for... As if "W" for the win, etc... Anybody knows what was the deal there?

"A" probably stands for abandoned. No idea why, long before my time...
    Roger forever

Found the reason! Weird that the final was not resumed at a later time. In any case Lendl didn't win it so 94 is the correct number for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_A...nis_Tournament
    Roger forever

So how about now? Only 4 titles short!

Unlike what most of us said 2 1/2 years ago he didn't need to play a lot of smaller tournaments to get this far.
    Roger forever

By the way TAT is very conservative with predictions. Those of us who occasionally visit menstennisforums.com are probably aware of a legendary thread first posted February 2012 (!!!) titled "Federer: The mother of all quests: 20 Slams and 100 titles". Almost no believers then except the thread starter. Now the hardest part (20 slams) is done, 4 more titles shouldn't be that difficult.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/2-ge...00-titles.html
    Roger forever

I started this on a tennis forum long ago, the forum is now gone!
    Not here, elsewhere...

Then restarted here.

The poll has expired now, most would change votes just about now!
    Roger got most of his 12 votes late, at the beginning it was stupid other way around. Like 12-2 or something.

This poll took a long time to close. Done on purpose!
    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 01-30-2018 at 05:05 PM.

I bet if ponchi opened a new poll today, no one vote NO!

I aint doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Correspondent Kiu View Post
    I bet if ponchi opened a new poll today, no one vote NO!

I aint doing it!
    Why even bother with 100? Let's ask whether he can reach 200.

Ok, assuming no major injuries, I guess RF's schedule for the rest of 2018 will look something like this:

(Dubai)
    Indian Wells
    Miami
    (Stuttgart)
    Halle
    Wimbledon
    Canada
    Cincy
    USO
    Shanghai
    Basel
    WTFs

Two questions:

1. Anyone think he's likely to add (clay?) tournaments on top of that (Madrid/Rome??)?
    2. More importantly, if you think he's getting to 100 this year, where do you reckon he'll do it?

Would be great - and kind of apt - if he won the 100th in Basel.

I think Roger will never play on clay again. As for #100 it would be great if it were to happen at Wimbledon
    Roger forever

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Possible scenario: Murray out, Novak hurt, Stan hurt, Rafa hurt, Roger playing well.

There has GOT to be a little voice in his head telling him to play one clay tune-up and the French. I thought this as soon as Rafa got hurt, and Wertheim brought up the same notion on his podcast this week. I know the tradeoff is he might be run down when Wimbledon starts, but there are 3 weeks in between, and he gets a few weeks off after Miami. That's got to be tempting!

Edit: and if the tune-up event tells his body it ain't happening, then he can cut his losses and withdraw.
    Last edited by Woody; 01-31-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Perhaps a clay Masters and and a go at RG will be added to the mix...
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Possible scenario: Murray out, Novak hurt, Stan hurt, Rafa hurt, Roger playing well.

There has GOT to be a little voice in his head telling him to play one clay tune-up and the French. I thought this as soon as Rafa got hurt, and Wertheim brought up the same notion on his podcast this week. I know the tradeoff is he might be run down when Wimbledon starts, but there are 3 weeks in between, and he gets a few weeks off after Miami. That's got to be tempting!

Edit: and if the tune-up event tells his body it ain't happening, then he can cut his losses and withdraw.
    Roger is still playing at 36 exactly because he's NOT tempted to overschedule. I'll be very surprised to see him on clay.
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
    Ok, assuming no major injuries, I guess RF's schedule for the rest of 2018 will look something like this:

(Dubai)
    Indian Wells
    Miami
    (Stuttgart)
    Halle
    Wimbledon
    Canada
    Cincy
    USO
    Shanghai
    Basel
    WTFs

Two questions:

1. Anyone think he's likely to add (clay?) tournaments on top of that (Madrid/Rome??)?
    2. More importantly, if you think he's getting to 100 this year, where do you reckon he'll do it?

Would be great - and kind of apt - if he won the 100th in Basel.
    Canada, Cincy, and the USO is a lot. I know he has often played both Masters, but if he did well in both Canada and Cincy, his back could be sore. Hard courts are so rough on the back. I think he should skip Canada and play Cincy, where he has a better record.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast