Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55
  1. #31
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    51,143

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    Can we dub the Hingis/Paes doubles team 'Mean Girls'?


  2. #32

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    LOL, I didn't know you had a mean streak.
    Who, me?

    Seriously, this is crazy watching Anderson outplay Nadal for 10 1/2 games, get triple break point to serve for the set, and then essentially cease playing competitive tennis. It's at once totally jarring and totally predictable.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

    "If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

  3. #33

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Can we dub the Hingis/Paes doubles team 'Mean Girls'?
    Yes, or of course The Plastics.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

  4. #34

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    Anderson, unbreakable for most of the 1st set, has lost 7 games in a row. This looked to be such a good match for a while, too.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

    "If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

  5. #35
    Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

    ptmcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    15,467

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    Who, me?

    Seriously, this is crazy watching Anderson outplay Nadal for 10 1/2 games, get triple break point to serve for the set, and then essentially cease playing competitive tennis. It's at once totally jarring and totally predictable.
    That felt like a must break...and the match seemed like it was essentially over when he didn't.

    Thank goodness for Genie actually giving us some drama tonight!

  6. #36

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    That felt like a must break...and the match seemed like it was essentially over when he didn't.
    That's exactly the crazy part - feeling that match is over when you don't break at 5-5 in the opening set...
    Roger forever

  7. #37

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    This time Seppi is unable to finish in four. Let's see what happens now in the fifth..
    Roger forever

  8. #38
    Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

    morct's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,742
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    It's a fascinating match. The old head playing the young pretender. Kyrios let his lead in the 5th slip away but his serve is keeping him in it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

    morct's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,742
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    Dimitrov is playing unreal tennis in the 2nd set TB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #40

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    Yes, but Murray lost a plot by not serving out the second set at 6-5. Dimitrov didn't do anything particularly special in that game.
    Roger forever

  11. #41

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    Quote Originally Posted by morct View Post
    Dimitrov is playing unreal tennis in the 2nd set TB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I tuned in just then. Murray seems a bit sluggish,whilst Grigor seems very into the match.

  12. #42

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    I tuned in just then. Murray seems a bit sluggish,whilst Grigor seems very into the match.
    Murray was having a leg 'issue' - which seems to have resolved itself - but he came out to serve for the second set and suddenly couldn't stop complaining about his leg.

  13. #43

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Murray was having a leg 'issue' - which seems to have resolved itself - but he came out to serve for the second set and suddenly couldn't stop complaining about his leg.
    Though I had heard about it, I really noticed it today: on both occasions when Murray went down in the scoreboard, physical issues "arose". The aforementioned leg and later in the fourth he seemed to fidget with his wrist. They all go away when the score reverses itself.

  14. #44

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    Though I had heard about it, I really noticed it today: on both occasions when Murray went down in the scoreboard, physical issues "arose". The aforementioned leg and later in the fourth he seemed to fidget with his wrist. They all go away when the score reverses itself.
    Hence TATeurs scoffing at his complaint about getting no sympathy for his problems during a match.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

    ― Frank Zappa





  15. #45
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    51,143

    Re: '15 AP Day 7 OoP Discussion & Results

    I really think Murray believes those injuries, even if psychosomatic.


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •