Agree Agree:  9
Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice Skating

Re: Ice Skating

Quote Originally Posted by kandi View Post
    This morning the Cup of China was broadcast on Universal Sports - the Ladies and Men's SP - surprised to see Nam Nguyen at the bottom of the list for the Men's SP, hope he can raise his placement in the Free Skate.
    He's sixth but given that he doesn't have a quad in the short program plus his jumps lack height and he needs more speed through the entire program it's not a bad score or placement - he was 7th in Skate America after the short - so if he can deliver a clean free skate he can probably move up the standings.

Quote Originally Posted by kandi View Post
    This morning the Cup of China was broadcast on Universal Sports - the Ladies and Men's SP - surprised to see Nam Nguyen at the bottom of the list for the Men's SP, hope he can raise his placement in the Free Skate.
    Ice Network isn't showing this? And I'm totally surprised at Nguyen's showing. Too much skating?
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

icenetwork ‏@icenetwork 2m2 minutes ago
    Yuzuru Hanyu with his head wrapped in a bandage after colliding with Han Yan. #CoC14
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

icenetwork ‏@icenetwork 5s5 seconds ago
    Han Yan has reportedly withdrawn from Cup of China after colliding with Yuzuru Hanyu during the six-minute warmup. #CoC14

icenetwork ‏@icenetwork 2m2 minutes ago
    No withdraw for Han Yan. He's on the ice for his free skate. #CoC14

Hanyu did his free skate and has to be helped off the court by Brian Orser.

Hanyu in tears during the kiss and cry. He fell five times.

Hanyu's free skate.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post

Hanyu's free skate.
    I don't think I can even watch it.

::

I used to love following ice skating. For some reason I stopped a few years ago.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

The French Ice Dance team of Papadakis/Cizeron are really surprising the figure skating community this season.

Just catching up on my viewing. On a totally shallow note Johnny and Tara both wore Russian red in Moscow. I'm ignoring the huge faux pearl necklace Johnny wore.

Slotnikova didn't compete due to an ankle injury huh? Has she skated at all this year?

The commentary is great though. The young Russian who was thrown to the wolves substituted for Slotnikova has a long way to go in terms of pro level skating.

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

ISU Grand Prix FINALS - Barcelona Spain- Dec 11>

Duhamel/Radford (CAN) claim Pairs Short Program and Tuktamysheva (RUS) grabs Ladies Short Program.

The Russian Ladies, led by Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, swept the Ladies Short Program. Julia Lipnitskaia finished second and Elena Radionova currently is ranked third. Anna Pogorilaya (RUS) placed fourth with 61.34 points. Rika Hongo (JPN) is sitting in fifth with 61.10 points and Ashley Wagner (USA) follows in sixth (60.24 points).

Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford of Canada claimed the Pairs Short Program. Russia’s Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov finished second ahead of China’s Wenjing Sui/Cong Han. Xiaoyu Yu/Yang Jin (CHN) are currently ranked fourth with 62.71 points. Cheng Peng/Hao Zhang (CHN) came fifth at 62.46 points ahead of Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov (RUS/55.97 points).

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pai...nal-2014-day-1
    Last edited by kandi; 12-12-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Has Sotnikova skated yet this year? When I saw the Moscow event they said she was injured but they made it sound as if it wasn't all that serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Has Sotnikova skated yet this year? When I saw the Moscow event they said she was injured but they made it sound as if it wasn't all that serious.
    No, she hasn't skated a competitive program since the Olympics - and may not skate competitively until next season at this point. Apparently she will not compete at Russian Nationals and given that I don't see how they could just add her to the European or World teams given the depth of the Russian Ladies.

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Pairs Free from Barcelona is due to air on Universal Sports Network at 1:00 pm Pacific time today - (in one hour)

I ended up watching Barcelona on the Ice Network. Did you see the mens final? The pairs was a bit frustrating. I think the right pair won but the Shibutani's, if they'd been graded correctly, would've gone into first place when they skated and possibly finished with the bronze. Instead they were graded comparitively low and were pushed down to fourth place.

They're going to have to do something with their elements to boost their scores since they're unable to do more, shall I say intricate routines since they're siblings.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast