Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  8
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

TAT Remodel for 2015 - Homepage/Content/Photos

Part of the move to the old/new site in January included a new homepage, content, and photos areas. With the move back to this forum we lost those 3 new parts of our site. For several months I've been planning and working on redoing those areas with the goal of having them online by the end of the year.

Homepage/Content
    Our new homepage and content area is now online. You can get there via the "Home" link in the main navigation bar above. ATP/WTA headlines and forum discussions on the homepage are pulled in automatically via RSS. We'll also resume the publication of press releases from ATP, WTA, ITF, and USTA. And, of course, we'll continue to have original content from tournaments and events that we cover. The current content area contains original articles from 2009 to present. I'll eventually be bringing in our original content from 2007 and 2008.

Photos
    Those of us in charge of our original photos haven't been happy with our photos area for quite sometime now. It's outdated, clunky, and difficult to work with. With the help of a donation specifically for this purpose, I've begun the process of transferring our photos to our new photo site which is located here:
    http://talkabouttennis.smugmug.com
    In addition to a more modern and appealing appearance and user interface, our new photo site will include individual galleries for every ATP/WTA player that we've photographed. It's still in the early stages of development (I only have several galleries from the 2014 BNP Paribas Open transferred), but with the new homepage and content areas online, my time will now be spent on getting the rest of our 2014 photos transferred, hopefully by the end of the year. Then we'll work, as time permits, on transferring previous year's photos over. We're looking at each photo again and only including those that are high quality. The idea is to have a large archive of "free to use" high-quality tennis photos. With 27,000+ photos to transfer, this is a large project and will take sometime to complete.

Our current (clunky) photo site will remain online at http://www.talkabouttennis.com/tennis-photos indefinitely.

Forum
    There are no major changes planned for our forum (I learned my lesson ). But there will be some changes in the forum's appearance to help it better match the appearance of our new homepage/content area. I expect I'll be able to allow the current design to be selected and used if you prefer it to the new appearance. I also have plans to reintroduce the "Slam" designs that we lost during an upgrade several years ago.

::

I'm not a fan of having three seemingly disjointed areas (Content/Photos/Forum) but it's what we have. I'll do my best to make them work together as seamlessly as possible.

I also need to take a quick second to thank mmmm8 who lit the fire under my ass to get this done. Thanks, M.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Re: TAT Remodel for 2015 - Homepage/Content/Photos

The new Home Page is spectacular Kirk!
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post

Forum
    There are no major changes planned for our forum (I learned my lesson ). But there will be some changes in the forum's appearance to help it better match the appearance of our new homepage/content area. I expect I'll be able to allow the current design to be selected and used if you prefer it to the new appearance. I also have plans to reintroduce the "Slam" designs that we lost during an upgrade several years ago.

I know it sounds silly, but I would always set my SLAM design to the NEXT slam, which made it a bit of a ritual until it would arrive, with all its excitement.
    It used to make me happy.
    Txs, Kirkus. The place remains so charming...
    Missing winter...

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post

I know it sounds silly, but I would always set my SLAM design to the NEXT slam, which made it a bit of a ritual until it would arrive, with all its excitement.
    It used to make me happy.
    Txs, Kirkus. The place remains so charming...
    Same here! Looking forward to see the new changes.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Wow! Love the photo site!
    I put in the work and wanted it so badly but this guy is the best for a reason. He is such a complete player ... maybe I'll just punch him or something, I don't know. - Andy Roddick

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

UPDATE: Our new photo site can now be found at photos.talkabouttennis.com

::

All photos from the 2014 BNP Paribas Open are now online on the new photo site.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.