Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: And.... WE'RE OFF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus
    Oh good god! I only have 4?

LMAO!

Well how'bout that?!
    Hey! One of them is Mauresmo. Peng and Li have a chance to win a few matches. And Kostanic successfully qualified!

There are some with fewer than you.

At least you didn't miss the whole first week like I did for HRNY.

Dry
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Does anyone know any good website with entry lists for the upcoming WTA tournaments?

ATP is easy (stevegtennis.com), but I don't know of any good place for WTA

Roger forever

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suliso
    Does anyone know any good website with entry lists for the upcoming WTA tournaments?

Not that I know of, suliso. I ended up taking a few hours a couple of Saturdays ago to wade through the six tournament web sites. There used to be a great website by a guy named Michael Blue, but it went defunct.

But if anyone knows of any resource, please post. Because I'm interested, too.

Dry

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suliso

Maybe that's something to put on TAT's ToDo list.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

The WTA does show where the top 10 players will be going over the next 3-4 weeks in the year. But it's just the top 10.

But I've read some discussion that the WTA doesn't really want this information in the public domain. I don't know if that's true. Since the individual tournaments usually publish it on their web sites, I'm inclined to think it's not.

But it's peculiar that no one seems to be publishing that information in a centralized resource.

Dry

Entry lists are (sort of) posted at WTAworld.com. Go into the threads for upcoming tournaments and there's usually some commitment lists or entry posts.

There is some truth to the fact that the WTA doesn't want entry lists published, the WTAworld site was the center of some controversy when they shared the New Haven entry list before the website had it (and before the tournament director officially announced the full list to the press). They were ordered by the WTA to cease and desist :-X publishing the full lists until the information has been made public by the tournament director. But those in the know usually post hints at who will be attending.

Warning - my personal opinion - if you've never visited that site before, be prepared to be frightened. Some people there follow even the Challenger circuits closely. It's pretty intense. And there's a lot of posting that doesn't amount to much (cheering threads, live scoring threads, etc.) that you have to wade through to get meaningful information sometimes.
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Mom

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Oh good god! I only have 4?

LMAO!

Well how'bout that?!
    I have less than that but have to admit spent a minimal amount of time picking! Also with only 3 substitutions over 6 tournaments I think it will all even out! (And I will have less grey hairs than if I tried to figure out the best chances of 12 players not withdrawing etc)

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    Entry lists are (sort of) posted at WTAworld.com. Go into the threads for upcoming tournaments and there's usually some commitment lists or entry posts.

There is some truth to the fact that the WTA doesn't want entry lists published, the WTAworld site was the center of some controversy when they shared the New Haven entry list before the website had it (and before the tournament director officially announced the full list to the press). They were ordered by the WTA to cease and desist :-X publishing the full lists until the information has been made public by the tournament director. But those in the know usually post hints at who will be attending.

Warning - my personal opinion - if you've never visited that site before, be prepared to be frightened. Some people there follow even the Challenger circuits closely. It's pretty intense. And there's a lot of posting that doesn't amount to much (cheering threads, live scoring threads, etc.) that you have to wade through to get meaningful information sometimes.
    I always say nasty things about them, but I admit that I used wta world to scout for this contest. Some of the later events didn't have full lists yet. But, it helped.

Well, here I was feeling all high and mighty because I have all four of the Beijing semifinalists on my squad. But just to knock me down a peg, the draw for Luxemborg comes out and I have only three players in the event, two of whom are playing in the 1R (Venus v. Ivanovic). Oh cruel fates! :P
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Mom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12