Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Congratulations, dave g!

Dave g has won the 2014 US Open YCWJ contest! He, like most other contestants, had no picks remaining after the semifinals, but his success illustrates how important it is to do well in the early rounds of the contest. He finished with a score of 56. Thank you as well to Dave for helping me out with the scoring of the contest.

Charlie02123 and waylandboy-tw tied for second with 52, though neither of them were in contention for the win after the round of 16.

For the first time since Wimbledon 2013, no contestant picked a wooden spoon winner. Those wooden spoon winners were Julien Benneteau for the men and Klara Koukalova for the women.

Thank you all for playing, and we'll see you near the end of January for the 2015 AO YCWJ!
    Go Pack Go!

Re: Congratulations, dave g!

I am a bit surprised that I won. By time the semifinals came around, I didn't have any picks left and I thought someone else would end up with a wooden spoon winner. I am quite happy that I won, but I am also a bit amused. Last year, Ponchi and I were our personal contest to see who could win the most Jack. The competition was sufficiently serious that we both managed to make the All-Time-Most-Jack list, at least temporarily. This year Ponchi won the French Open YCWJ, and I won the US Open YCWJ. Based on last year's results, I would have said that our winning YCWJs in the same year was as likely as Marin Cilic meeting Kei Nishikori in the US Open final.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dave g View Post
    I am a bit surprised that I won. By time the semifinals came around, I didn't have any picks left and I thought someone else would end up with a wooden spoon winner. I am quite happy that I won, but I am also a bit amused. Last year, Ponchi and I were our personal contest to see who could win the most Jack. The competition was sufficiently serious that we both managed to make the All-Time-Most-Jack list, at least temporarily. This year Ponchi won the French Open YCWJ, and I won the US Open YCWJ. Based on last year's results, I would have said that our winning YCWJs in the same year was as likely as Marin Cilic meeting Kei Nishikori in the US Open final.
    Congratulations, dave g! Your medal has been awarded!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Great job as it was an event full of surprises.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

One of our more difficult contests. Good job, dave!!
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

That was fun, and the furthest I have ever gotten in this contest. Can't believe how close I was to winning. I will definitely be playing more. Congrats to Dave, and thanks to Togtdyalttai for running this.
    I like a lot the crazy bounce