Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Beijing Scores

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Beijing Scores

Here are the results from the first week of Mujeres a Madrid--from Beijing.

Dryrunguy, 165
    Oploskoffe, 158
    Evil_Juju, 154
    Jkfriedman, 146
    Moose, 143
    MysteryX, 137
    Jack, 130
    Craigw, 117
    Jadesa, 112
    Suliso, 106
    Mmmm8, 98
    Jjnow, 96
    Hawkgirl, 96
    Martini4me, 91
    Shtexas, 87
    S-blanc, 83
    Borenore, 71
    Kirkus, 70
    Jidkova, 63
    Sebs, 63
    Cphsrsh, 61
    Morct, 59
    Neka, 52
    FourTeller, 51
    Sluggo-13, 47
    GVGirl, 41
    Herodotus, 24
    Slicentice, 23
    Charlie, 7
    Jsd123, 2

For those of us who picked Kostanic (including myself), remember that the player gets points for the last round COMPLETED. Since Kostanic retired during her R2 match, that means she only gets 1 point instead of 5. In case you're wondering.

If you have any questions about your score, please check the rules and check the point table for the tournament in question. If you still have a question, please post it in the "Points Grievance" thread, or contact me via PM.

Also, please clearly note any substitutions for Week 2 in the "Post Your Team Here" thread.

And good luck next week!!!

Dry

Tour Pro
    Awards Showcase

Currently University of Missouri, wished it was still Houston

Re: Beijing Scores

wow, im kicking some tail here...
    "well jesus christ i'm alone again, so what did you do those three days you were dead? cause this problems gonna last, more than the weekend..." ~ brand new

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't give up yet, jsd. You've got 5 more weeks... And trust me, NOBODY could possibly do any worse than I did during the HRNY contest... I started a week late, accidentally made one substitution too many, and still managed to finish in last place by a mile...

Dry

Don't give up, I did very poorly in the beginning of the Hard Road to NY contest and ending up winning, much to my surprise!

I suck. Damn I hate women's tennis (sorry to all you ladies out there)

Great work, dryrunguy! Not just the scoring, but your own score too Didn't realize our teams were so similar, but picking Danillidou AND Kostanic was inspired!
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Quote Originally Posted by jsd123789456
    wow, im kicking some tail here...
    I am currently slaying you! High five for not checking entry lists at all.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oploskoffie
    Great work, dryrunguy! Not just the scoring, but your own score too Didn't realize our teams were so similar, but picking Danillidou AND Kostanic was inspired!
    Well, I couldn't figure out who to pick from the last two categories. So I decided to check the qualifying draw and see who was still alive. So I put three of the final eight in qualifying on the squad, and crossed my fingers they'd get to the main draw, and perhaps even win a match. Except for Daniilidou, the other two didn't land where they were supposed to... And then Kostanic retired in the second round, so that stunk.

Yes, our teams are VERY similar. A lot of people loaded up on the front end (Beijing), but we're also the ones who are gonna be hurting next week. I only have two players in the draw... OUCH!

Dry

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy
    Yes, our teams are VERY similar. A lot of people loaded up on the front end (Beijing), but we're also the ones who are gonna be hurting next week. I only have two players in the draw... OUCH!

Dry
    I feel that pain ;D I've made one switch for Luxembourg (Ivanovic for Li) which sees my participation there go up to four players, but I probably need about as much of a miracle as you to score anywhere near well. Still, looking ahead, I still believe we've made good choices
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

[quote author=dryrunguy link=1159115922/0#7 date=1159144849 A lot of people loaded up on the front end (Beijing), but we're also the ones who are gonna be hurting next week. I only have two players in the draw... OUCH!

Dry[/quote]

Beats me, I only have the lovely Ana.

I know someone asked a similar question last week, but is there a good site to find out who's entered in future tournaments?
    I followed some of the suggestions, but the WTA site only seems to show the current week's tournaments (there are links to the next week's, but the draws were empty when I checked). I made my original picks based on the draw for Beijing, but had now idea who might be playing where beyond the first week.

(In the summer men's pool, I joined two weeks late, then was able to stack my team for the third week (I was able to check the draw and choose players such that they didn't meet each other in the early rounds, and ended up piling up a huge score that week. ) Of course, it was rapidly downhill from there.