Agree Agree:  232
Likes Likes:  167
Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4570859192939495
Results 1,411 to 1,421 of 1421

Thread: The NBA Thread

Re: The NBA Thread

Goodness. I don't think I've ever seen this many injuries on one team in Game 1 of the Finals. Not sure I remember it in Game 1 of a Conference Championship either. Just Yikes!

Okay Elton!

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn

After a rapid courtship and negotiation, Doc Rivers has reached agreement on a deal to become the next coach of the Philadelphia 76ers, sources tell ESPN.

Much better choice for Philly than D'Antoni.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Well, I'll be happy for the OTHER players. Good for AD. Good for Dwight Howard, who basically had almost run out of chances to get a ring. Danny Green is becoming a modern version of Robert Horry, getting rings everywhere he goes while not being a super star.
    Rondo now has two rings, one with the Celtics and one with the Lakers. That must be an oddity.
    And yes, I will be glad that the Celtics no longer have the most rings in league history all by themselves.

Now, what should the NBA do for next season? The bubble was a success, but you cannot run an entire season that way.

And: should they offer their consultancy to the NFL?

About the NFL: That's a resounding YES and make them pay through the nose for it.

The multiple bubble idea has been floated for next season, but not sure any one idea has taken the lead yet.

I'm thrilled that though the Lakers one, the real star of the Finals was Jimmy Butler.

I like LeBron so I'm happy for him. But giving him the MVP when AD showed out like he did through most of the series is a joke to me. The last game when it was LeBron vs. Jimmy was amazing, but that ended in a L for the Lakers, so I can't see that being the best case to give it to him. Maybe it was, not saying he wasn't great during this finals, but if not for AD, I don't think the Lakers get to the finals, let alone win them, which feels like damn near the definition of the MVP. But happy for the Lakers, LeBron, Dwight. And we'll all be happy when the Celtics aren't in the lead for anything anymore.

MVP is so subjective. I agree that AD did more and should have gotten it, but Lebron is right now the face of the franchise. So they went with him.
    Lots of new players coming up. Not a star yet (we talked about it) but Adebayo only needs a little more development to become that. Herro can become a very good player that will be known by more people. And if the NBA had a "review" system, that 3rd team All Star would be switched with Harden's. If I knew how to play that sport, no way I take Harden over Buttler as a team mate on an important game. No way.

I was glad to see Butler emerge as the player he was always said to be.
    I'm glad that Dwight Howard finally got a ring.
    As a native NY'er anything that knocks the Celtics off of that throne is fine with me.

As for the NFL as Jazz said they should have to pay through the nose to get the people who created the NBA Bubble to assist them. Maybe it's too late anyway for them to do much good?

I like Lebron for his off court activism and prep for a political career but I don't like that anytime someone breathes on him he's called for a foul.

Also as a native NY'er "Beat L.A." is still my mantra.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

If we go by the face of the franchise metric, Steph should have two Finals MVPs now, but doesn't. That can't be the metric used when it's about LeBron and no one else. I know why he got it, the same reason why Mahomes got it even though he sucked ass throughout the SB except the 4th quarter, I just don't agree with it. The best player for the Lakers in the bubble, and in the Finals was AD, therefore he should've won. This win isn't moving the needle for his "I'm as good as Jordan" debate because he's not the main reason for the title. If they had won the last game against Miami, I'd understand it more, but they didn't. Danny Green is out here getting death threats because LeBron didn't close it out himself yet again, he passed the ball.

Like I said before @ponchi, I think you downplay Miami's players' profiles. Adebayo already made the All Stars, hard to do if you're that unknown since there's a partial fan vote to get you there. He can get bigger and more popular, but he's hardly an also ran on the team and wasn't before the bubble started. He's a named player on the team, one Miami is going to have to work to keep because other teams are looking to poach him. And Herro is already very well known because he was at Kentucky, he's been talked about a lot since the Draft. His profile is already considerably higher than most in the NBA, and again, that was before the bubble. Duke and Kentucky players just got it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post

Like I said before @ponchi, I think you downplay Miami's players' profiles. Adebayo already made the All Stars, hard to do if you're that unknown since there's a partial fan vote to get you there. He can get bigger and more popular, but he's hardly an also ran on the team and wasn't before the bubble started. He's a named player on the team, one Miami is going to have to work to keep because other teams are looking to poach him. And Herro is already very well known because he was at Kentucky, he's been talked about a lot since the Draft. His profile is already considerably higher than most in the NBA, and again, that was before the bubble. Duke and Kentucky players just got it like that.
    Aaah, I didn't know these bits. Being down here in S.A., the commentators are still talking about Manu all the time.
    I stand corrected.

Well I did it... 0 games on TV, 1 in person this “season.”

Atlantic Notes: Nowitzki, Kanter, Irving, Durant

October 13th 2020 at 8:45pm CST by Dana Gauruder

New Nets coach Steve Nash reached out to former teammate Dirk Nowitzki but the Hall of Fame-bound big man has no desire to be an assistant coach at the moment, Brad Townsend of the Dallas Morning News reports. Nowitzki is content to spend time with his family in Dallas. “First of all, I don’t know if I could do it (coach) anywhere but here,” he said. “That’s of course first. Second, I just think the timing is not right. I love being with the family. I’m so over basketball at this point that it wasn’t even a thought for me.”

We have more from the Atlantic Division:

It’s generally assumed that Celtics center Enes Kanter, who played sparingly during the postseason, will exercise his $5MM player option for next season. That’s not necessarily the case, according to Jared Weiss of The Athletic. It’s more likely that Kanter will test the market and seek a backup role elsewhere, Weiss says. Even if he opts in, the Celtics may use his salary for a draft-night trade, Weiss adds.

Former Suns GM Ryan McDonough doesn’t think Nets stars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving were trying to undermine Nash when they talked about “collaborative coaching” on Durant’s podcast earlier this month, Ian Begley of SNY.tv relays. Speaking on The Putback, McDonough felt the star Nets duo was speaking more of the team’s leadership. “It wasn’t a critical comment toward Steve Nash like, ‘Hey, he’s not ready for this.’ It was more, ‘We have a lot of player leadership on the roster,’” he said.

The Knicks might shop all their picks on draft night. Get the details here.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/10/...ng-durant.html
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4570859192939495