Agree Agree:  184
Likes Likes:  139
Page 1 of 82 12345112651 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA Thread

The NBA Thread

LeBron James has decided to go back to Cleveland which will make Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh and others make their decision.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: The NBA Thread

So do we think LeBron will be warmly received by Cleveland fans, or will they hold resentment against him? I suspect the desperation to win will trump previous resentment, since that's all that really matters in some circles.

NBA playoffs fast approaching.

Anyone follow the playoffs?

Tennis has been interfereing with my basketball watching but I do hope to watch the playoffs.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

After baseball lost me with all the players on steroids, the NFL's very short season, and frankly I can't stand soccer, the NBA is my second spectator's sport.
    Hoping the Spurs can repeat, although I doubt it. But if they can't the Warriors are a fine team too.
    (Anything as long as Lebron and his super-arrogance don't do well)
    Missing winter...

I will update then,soon as they start.
    full coverage?
    You all better join!

I religiously watch college basketball, but not the NBA.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    I'm the opposite. So many of the young men end up like "peaked in High School Rob Lowe" and I find it depressing. Because some of the just out of HS/College players are maturing now the NBA game has improved.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

I don't watch any college sports. It is a travesty. The schools get a billion dollars industry and most "students" get nothing.
    The rest just do a pantomime of going to college for one year before jetting to the pros. A complete farce.
    Missing winter...

I watch neither simply because I have no interest (used to follow NBA, NHL and golf a little bit when I lived in US), but I think I agree with ponchi that US college sports system is somewhat perverse. Or to make it more precise top 2-3 sports are a farce, nothing particularly wrong with wrestling or lacrosse although in the big picture of things those are not truly needed in the university settings either.
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I don't watch any college sports. It is a travesty. The schools get a billion dollars industry and most "students" get nothing.
    The rest just do a pantomime of going to college for one year before jetting to the pros. A complete farce.
    The students getting nothing is part of the appeal to me--playing for either the love of the game, or "auditioning" for future jobs. What you're describing above only happens at a handful of colleges, albeit high profile ones.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    I religiously watch March Madness but not a single second of regular season action for college.

NBA I sometimes watch the finals, but that's it.

That was an interesting game between Duke and Wisconsin for the championship.
    I was pulling for Wisconsin, but it was not to be, Duke was just better at the end. They do have the best coach in the league, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Correspondent Kiu View Post
    That was an interesting game between Duke and Wisconsin for the championship.
    I was pulling for Wisconsin, but it was not to be, Duke was just better at the end. They do have the best coach in the league, period.
    I have been a huge Duke fan since high school, so it was the best possible ending for me. Also, it was the closest and best played national championship game in recent memory.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Louisville-Michigan was a fun one, but was probably the best final since ... Duke-Butler

Page 1 of 82 12345112651 ... LastLast