Thread: The NBA Thread

Re: The NBA Thread

Sportsnet @Sportsnet. @Raptors
    fans as far as the eye can see ����

#WeTheNorthDay |
    @Raptors

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status...71841876369410

In an example of twisted logic: no better reason for Kawhi to leave. He will never top this.
    Doesn't matter what he does for the rest of his life, he will always be a Raptor. So much so that I don't think he will ever be able to claim being a Spurs (or whatever next team he will land in).
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    So they're having some problems with the parade. The expected crowd was 2 million but it's so much larger than expected the vehicles are having trouble getting through. Subway stations close to Nathan Philips Square (Toronto City Hall) have been closed to help divert some of the crowd.
    Ugh! When will they learn? This is fairly common when it happens like this and I'm not sure why they don't plan better. How many examples do they need to plan better? When the Phillies won it was whatever smallish predicted size. But the city hadn't won a damn thing since 1983, so it didn't matter that it wasn't the more popular Eagles (or in Toronto's case, one would assume the Maple Leafs) that won the title, people came out in droves. I think the actual parade drew about 1.5 million over the expected. It was a hot mess for any sort of transportation, expressing in fro the suburbs, people stranded. Every imaginable traffic nightmare played out. And similar but probably even more so than this Raptors team, the city had fallen in love with the team over the preceding years raising their profile and their fandom. I really don't get why cities aren't more tapped in to the level of excitement to plan accordingly.

Parade looks awesome. Hope the memory of it is the joy and the celebration of winning the title and not the idiot attempting to ruin everyone's good time.

Drama unfolding, pay attention if you're interested. Al Horford opting out, Harrison Barnes opting out. Chris Paul and James Harden at odds and relationship apparently unsalvageable. CP3 telling the team to trade him after they lost to the Warriors and Harden telling management "him or me." And since then, Harden apparently icing out CP3 this offseason. Also, now word that they didn't talk for 2 months during the season.

And remember, the NBA Draft is on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Drama unfolding, pay attention if you're interested. Al Horford opting out, Harrison Barnes opting out. Chris Paul and James Harden at odds and relationship apparently unsalvageable. CP3 telling the team to trade him after they lost to the Warriors and Harden telling management "him or me." And since then, Harden apparently icing out CP3 this offseason. Also, now word that they didn't talk for 2 months during the season.

And remember, the NBA Draft is on Thursday.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

CP3 and Daryl Morey are denying the report. And Daryl goes so far as to say CP3 will be on the team next year. BUT, Daryl was just quoted like a day ago that he was aggressively exploring the trade market so not sure both can be true. Some are speculating, there were no takers for CP3's contract, it's not a good one for other teams to take on. Also, as I saw several point out, Houston fired a lot of coaches and staff in recent weeks, plenty of people with knowledge of the situation likely ready and willing to provide insider information such as the part about them not talking for two months during the season. So, the drama continues.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2853687475767778