Likes Likes:  164
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42678288899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1399

Thread: The NBA Thread

Re: The NBA Thread

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    Mike and Laurel D’Antoni statement to ESPN on departure from Rockets

“No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Ok. Classy. I am sure he is, most likely, a good person.
    And he will get a shot at another team, which is what puzzles me. Why is he so esteemed when all he does, or all his teams do, is get to the three point line and shoot it? Recklessly. I was not expecting them to beat the Lakers, but 4-1 was also very disappointing.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

And sure enough. D'Antoni is being mentioned as a possible coach for the Sixers.
    Because, you know, Embid and Simmons are great three point shooters. Can't miss from behind the arc.

If the Clippers can't close the Nuggets, should Doc go? All respect to the Nuggets, who really play a fun game and are mentally tough but, this should have been closed in game 5. And then in game 6.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    And sure enough. D'Antoni is being mentioned as a possible coach for the Sixers.
    Because, you know, Embid and Simmons are great three point shooters. Can't miss from behind the arc.

If the Clippers can't close the Nuggets, should Doc go? All respect to the Nuggets, who really play a fun game and are mentally tough but, this should have been closed in game 5. And then in game 6.
    Yes

I'll say no Doc shouldn't go. Win or lose Game 7, there's no denying that this series has been a disaster because it wasn't wrapped in 5 or 6 AND they had a decent lead kinda late in Game 6.

But, if you get rid of Doc, who are you going to get? I don't like the options, so I think you keep him. Does he deserve to stay? I'd say he hasn't done near enough with that team, even without Kawhi to still be there. But I can't pretend that I think there are great coaching options available right now better than what Doc can do.

Now, give me some names that are promising, and I'll happily change my mind. And it cannot be a coach currently with another team. Brett Brown getting fired? 2 years overdue and I can list 20 people in 5 minutes I'd rather give a shot over him. D'Antoni is not on that list. He needs to stop being recycled.

Of the people that can be a positive change: Becky Hammon deserves a shot. Sam Cassell has proven to know the game. T. Lue managed the Cavs with Lebron well, and is Spolstra retained his position after everybody was saying that was only Lebron's team (and he has proven he can coach), Lue can also lead a team.
    He will not retire next year, but Chris Paul will eventually be a very good coach. There are options, but when you see Steve Nash sneak up the line with no previous coaching experience (I think he will do well), then my feeling is that as you correctly say, stop recycling D'Antoni and Brown as if they had accomplished anything. Give somebody else a chance.

I remain unconvinced about Lue, who was hand picked by Lebron. Spoelstra isn't leaving Miami.

D'Antoni has always been a crap coach no matter his record.

I don't think they're looking for someone "that deserves a shot" to replace Doc. And therein lies the problem. Few have the pedigree that he does (even if I think it's a bit overstated), so options are nearly non-existent.

I don't see Becky getting this job in the least. She deserves a head coaching job somewhere, but if it is going to be one of those 3, I have a hard time seeing the Clippers looking outside when the other two already have a (seemingly) good relationship with the players. For reasons that don't make a ton of sense, I think Sam has the edge over Ty in that race.

Also on Becky. Maybe her and Kawhi are super cool and there are no hard feelings, but whatever the heck went down with him and the Spurs, or more specifically Pop, was not good. So would he be okay with a Spurs coach? Not sure, but they still have to worry about re-signing him, so they need him very onboard with the choice.

Just to be clear. I do not think that Doc is in any way in danger of being let go by the Clippers. He is too respected.
    But any other coach that with that team would let a 3-1 lead evaporate would not be so lucky.
    And, as I am rooting for the Clips to get a ring, I hope this conversation will only be academic.

Oh, I think he's in serious danger of getting fired if he doesn't reach the Finals. In my mind, he's got a ways to go before he can sleep comfortably.

I don't think they want to have to make that decision, but they have to be just one small piece away at most from getting the ring. If they aren't there or aren't on that path, then Kawhi re-signing will be in doubt. I'd guess PG might be in doubt as well (but I can't remember when his contract is up).

Clippers straight up collapsing. 76 points with 5 minutes left? First FG in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes left? This is beyond pitiful.

Looking like we won't have to wonder what would've happened to Doc, we'll just know.

Not that I am sad because after all, I like the Nuggets (Jamaal and Nikola are fun when they play) but really, Kawhi and George have to really dissect what happened there. Three straight losses with the stats you quote are worrisome.
    Well, let's hope the Lakers are out of shape by now. Although I suspect it will be Lakers in 5. That is a different team.
    About Doc: indeed, we are about to find out.

George is not that superstar as some people day. Williams could not get comfortable in the bubble. Leonard tried but last year proved that his supporting cast in Toronto was better than his current one.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

I watched most of the first half and the beginning of the third. When I saw the Clippers came out flat and Denver was going to win I went on to something else.

I don't have anything against Denver. I was never sold on George or Kawhi to be honest.

Roger forever

Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42678288899091929394 LastLast