Agree Agree:  215
Likes Likes:  160
Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 406580868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1351

Thread: The NBA Thread

Re: The NBA Thread

Overall? Definitely, but Horace wasn't on that final team. Kerr being more visible now shouldn't matter when this is a historical look back. That promo is shameful. Here is the original photo. Include Toni Kukoc or include Ron Harper, or put them both in there like the original photo, but don't cut and paste to make Kerr look more important to that year than he was.

For better or worse more people are going to see the picture and see Steve Kerr and decide to watch than people who see Kukoc. Promos aren't meant to be truthful/factual. Those of us in the know aren't going to see Kukoc and then decide to watch just because of that
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 04-20-2020 at 10:35 AM.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    Despite pushback among many franchises, there are still other teams embracing idea of re-opening facilities, believing that a clean, safe and monitored team environment is needed now to keep players from potentially searching out less safe gymnasium environments to stay in shape.

New story soon ESPN, but to be clear: The NBA was already working to push back its initial May 1 date to re-open facilities independent of Atlanta's decision to delay its own re-opening. The league was getting feedback from all corners on the issue.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    Despite pushback among many franchises, there are still other teams embracing idea of re-opening facilities, believing that a clean, safe and monitored team environment is needed now to keep players from potentially searching out less safe gymnasium environments to stay in shape.
    I call BS on this reasoning. If you want to reopen, own it and be honest. Average NBA salary is like $7 million. Minimum for rookies is around $900k, which is the very lowest any player can make. Players have ways to work out in your own homes. And if for whatever reason you do not, online sales have not stopped. Order whatever equipment you need to create a home gym for less than $5k, which every single player can easily afford.

In case you missed it. Struggling small business the LA Lakers, recently valued at over $4 billion dollars, decided to return the $4.6 million dollar loan they got from the PPP loans issued by the SBA after mounting pressure and also because they'd have a hard time (try impossible) attesting that this was necessary to stay afloat. Proud day to be a Lakers fan.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    In case you missed it. Struggling small business the LA Lakers, recently valued at over $4 billion dollars, decided to return the $4.6 million dollar loan they got from the PPP loans issued by the SBA after mounting pressure and also because they'd have a hard time (try impossible) attesting that this was necessary to stay afloat. Proud day to be a Lakers fan.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

NBA news: Orlando-Disney World site clear front-runner for return-to-play season plan, report says

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...n-report-says/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick Ewing was hospitalized with C19 but has been released from the hospital.

Serious question.
    The NBA will resume its season shortly. What is the minimum you expect from players once the games start to be played, in relation to these demonstrations and movement? What is the least they MUST do?
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Serious question.
    The NBA will resume its season shortly. What is the minimum you expect from players once the games start to be played, in relation to these demonstrations and movement? What is the least they MUST do?
    That is not for us to decide. I would hope that players of color will make the statements that are appropriate for them. And I hope white players will support them. I expect far more of the white players than I do players of color. Which is the way it should be.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    That is not for us to decide. I would hope that players of color will make the statements that are appropriate for them. And I hope white players will support them. I expect far more of the white players than I do players of color. Which is the way it should be.
    Who are the prominent white players that should be leading at this time? Most of the players I can think of are not American, and I wonder how connected players from say, Eastern Europe, are to Black Lives Matter, and the movement to end police violence.

Nobody is saying it is for us to decide. But how would you feel if, when the games start again, nobody does nothing? Wouldn't that be an absolute Laura Ingraham's "Shut up and dribble"?
    Lebron has been outspoken on the issue. Steph Curry has in the past dwelled about equality FOR WOMEN, and he is one leaders of the league. KD has also spoken, and the video from the Raptors above shows that something is brewing. So to believe that the league will just start games as if nothing has happened would not be logical.
    The arenas will be empty, which may make any form of protest a bit weird. But for the NBA players to be silent after George Floyd is almost impossible to believe.
    ---0---
    Prominent white players in the league: Kevin Love and Gordon Hayward are not SUPER stars but they are stars. After that, it is up to a few foreigners (Goran Dragic, for example).
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Off topic regarding protests, but isn't it weird that a majority of prominent white NBA players are foreigners?
    Roger forever

Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes
    The NBA restart full schedule:

Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 406580868788899091 LastLast