Agree Agree:  184
Likes Likes:  140
Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3257727879808182
Results 1,216 to 1,223 of 1223

Thread: The NBA Thread

Re: The NBA Thread

I was truly shocked when I heard this. AND he brought his boy Paul George with him!
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

insecure Al‏
    @insecure_al

Steven Adams after learning its him and Russ against the world.

#NBA #OKC #Thunder #Kawhi #PG #Russ #Westbrook #NBAFreeAgency

pic.twitter.com/gu8rhAxwWr
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Keith Jouganatos
    ‏@KeithJouganatos

Doc Rivers when he sees Jerry West at the Clippers facility tomorrow. [IMG]pic.twitter.com/peyGL2DYMu[/IMG]

― Frank Zappa

The most shocking thing about this is the Rockets thinking this is a good contract to trade. Paul's contract was bad, this is much, much worse. Westbrook's contract is so bad OKC should've asked for significantly more than what they got. And two legendary ball hogs on the same team ought to be interesting. Sure they played together, but that was not recently, long before MVP time.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏
    Verified account
    @wojespn

The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, pick swaps in 2021 and 2025, league sources tell ESPN.

Rockets Reunite Russell Westbrook And James Harden, Exile Chris Paul To Thunder In Trade
    Gabe Fernandez

Welp, so much for “nothing’s happening today.”

Once it became clear less than a week ago that the Thunder were prepared to nuke their current roster in favor of a rebuild, the timer on Russell Westbrook’s unceremonious exit from Oklahoma City via trade began counting down faster than ever before. That countdown came to an end on Thursday with this update from ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski:

The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, pick swaps in 2021 and 2025, league sources tell ESPN.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 12, 2019
    Rumors had been swirling that the Rockets were at the very least interested in making this trade happen, but the idea that Houston was willing to ship off an efficient scorer and passer for someone who essentially exists as his antithesis seemed ludicrous at the time—and to be quite honest, I still don’t believe this happened even now. Nonetheless, it happened and it cost the Rockets quite a lot of draft capital to get it done.

Both sides will at the very least claim that this move worked out rather evenly for everyone involved. For the Rockets, they break up a dysfunctional, albeit talented, guard duo that was two average shooting nights away from leading that franchise past the Warriors in the postseason. The Thunder, meanwhile, now have enough draft picks to be one of the few franchises in NBA history that can promise their fan base a legitimate rebuild without the front office crossing its fingers behind its back.

I left out Thunder's Jerami Grant deal with Denver: OKC has acquired EIGHT first-round picks since draft night: 2020: Denver (1-10), 2021: Miami; 2022: LAC; 2023: Miami (1-14), 2024: LAC; 2024: Houston (1-14); 2026: LAC; 2026: Houston (1-4).

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 12, 2019

Where the success of this trade becomes a bit murkier is on the player level. Sure, Woj is reporting that Thunder GM Sam Presti worked with Westbrook and his agent to get him to his preferred destination, and a reunion with Harden, but one has to ask: Did Harden want this? The roster’s makeup might not have been the most enjoyable work environment, but it actually yielded some playoff success. Those OKC teams with Westbrook were just as, if not more, talented and never touched the second round after Kevin Durant left—even when Westbrook basically became buff Oscar Robertson. Will the trade-off in success be worth it?

Then there’s how Chris Paul probably feels being sent off to a much less glamorous tourist destination to play out the final years of his NBA career. Surely he feels slighted about Rockets giving up so much to take on an even worse contract than his own, essentially just get him out of Dodge. That being said, it’s hard to feel bad for the 34-year-old when he’ll be making $100 million as he stews in his anger.

https://deadspin.com/rockets-reunite...adspin_twitter

― Frank Zappa

I had to locate the clip since I have no idea how to pull video from a Twitter post. But this is the same thing he posted.

Almighty Jay‏
    @GlooBoyyJ

When Westbrook and Harden both got 9 Assists

theScore @theScore 1h
    “Free agency has been tough because I feel like, in some ways, the NBA has given up on me.”

Jeremy Lin opened about the challenges he's been facing. �� ❤️

(��: Facebook/GOOD TV 好消息電視台)
    https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1155500361857282050

Is there a reason the NBA shouldn't have given up on you? Linsanity was something, but it was also in 2012 and rather brief at the end of the day and the stats probably less than what people remember them to be in comparison to the media frenzy that surrounded that time.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3257727879808182