Agree Agree:  215
Likes Likes:  160
Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3863788485868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1351

Thread: The NBA Thread

Re: The NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Problem is that most of them will probably test negative right now - the whole team & staff need to be isolated at home for two weeks to see if they develop symptoms. If they have the virus it may take a few days for the viral counts to be high enough for the test to confirm a positive result.
    I don't see that as a problem. This is why we're behind other countries. Run two tests. One now, one later. Have his team and the last few teams they played self isolate. They'd already be done testing the entire NBA in South Korea and have the results back by tomorrow. And I'm not remotely convinced Gobert just got this since he had symptoms. Fred Hoiberg looking like he's about to keel over isn't inspiring confidence either.

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn

Jazz and Thunder officials worked together on Wednesday as they awaited results of Rudy Gobert's coronavirus test, sources tell ESPN. Jazz wanted to make sure no OKC player had physical contact or became exposed to any Utah player before the result of Gobert's test was known.

Tisha Thompson
    @TishaESPN

"Players from teams the Jazz have played within the past 10 days are being told to self-quarantine, sources told ESPN's Brian Windhorst. Those teams are the Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, Boston Celtics, Detroit Pistons and the Toronto Raptors."

And the hits just keep on coming.

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn

Jazz star Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for the coronavirus, league sources tell ESPN. Jazz players privately say that Rudy Gobert had been careless in the locker room touching other players and their belongings. Now a Jazz teammate has tested positive.
    Last edited by JazzNU; 03-12-2020 at 08:11 AM.

Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania

Sources: Donovan Mitchell was the only Jazz player/personnel to test positive for coronavirus out of 58 tests administered on Wednesday night. Remaining tests came back negative.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    People are saying he should be suspended when play resumes.
    Or maybe charged with public endangerment? Involuntary manslaughter (not that you could ever specifically trace a case back to this)?

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania

Sources: Donovan Mitchell was the only Jazz player/personnel to test positive for coronavirus out of 58 tests administered on Wednesday night. Remaining tests came back negative.
    How did they managed to get 58 test administered to people showing no symptoms, while those going to hospitals/clinics can't get tested?

Quote Originally Posted by Martini4me View Post
    How did they managed to get 58 test administered to people showing no symptoms, while those going to hospitals/clinics can't get tested?
    NBA knew this might happen and set up methods for testing before this happened so they'd be able to act quickly and yes, they are getting them done very fast. Likely a private lab, several got federal approval in the last week and a half to do testing.

It's not really 58 tests either. That's just the Utah Jazz. The other teams that are in self-quarantine will all be tested as well, so it'll be several hundred tests and be done quickly. It's more than just the teams they initially announced, it's also the teams those teams played (for instance, the Sixers played the Pistons so they are in self quarantine), so it might really end up being the entire league, which would be over a thousand when you take into account the players, staff, and trainers.

Message from Donovan Mitchell

Message from Rudy Gobert

Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania

Detroit Pistons‘ Christian Wood has tested positive for coronavirus, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Wood had 30 and 11 rebounds against Rudy Gobert on Saturday night before a career-high 32 on Wednesday.

Sources say Wood has shown no symptoms and is doing well.

Yikes! Not that I think Adam Silver was losing any sleep, but if he was having any sort of minor regrets for shutting that down, then they are gone now for sure.

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn

Four Nets have tested positive for the coronavirus, team says.

Just so I don't litter the "Other Sports" thread with too much NBA stuff since I suspect there will be more, I'm responding to the Durant news here. When I heard this news I was thinking, wow, but it's not Kevin or Kyrie and didn't they dodge a bullet. This coronavirus is making fools out of many of us, and I'm no exception, so I'll stop making assumptions about it right now.

Virus doesn't care if you're a star or the last guy on the roster.
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Virus doesn't care if you're a star or the last guy on the roster.
    Oh I knew that, but they are around the team less because of their injuries and certainly not around the opponents as much at all. I can name only 2 current Utah Jazz players and they both tested positive, so I certainly wasn't thinking it was the stars vs the bench warmers.

Steadman™
    @AsteadWesley

1h
    rudy gobert/kevin durant/donovan mitchell

if corona can sign a point guard it might make the finals

Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3863788485868788899091 LastLast