Agree Agree:  129
Likes Likes:  91
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789153055 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA Thread

Re: The NBA Thread

Wizards' John Wall has fractures in left wrist, hand
    Ohm Youngmisuk, ESPNNewYork.com

WASHINGTON -- Washington Wizards point guard John Wall has five non-displaced fractures in his injured left wrist and hand and his status for the rest of the Eastern Conference semifinal series against the Atlanta Hawks is uncertain.

While the Wizards say Wall's status has yet to be determined, the All-Star's injury comes as a major blow to Washington, which is tied 1-1 with the Hawks in this best-of-seven series. Game 3 is in Washington on Saturday.

Wall initially felt as if he had fractured his wrist -- which he said he broke in high school -- when he came crashing down hard late in the second quarter of Game 1. He remained in the game and said X-rays after the game revealed no breaks. Wall also said he got two opinions on his injury and was told it was just a bad sprain.

His left hand swelled up considerably after Game 1 and he was unable to get the swelling to go down significantly. ESPN's Britt McHenry reports that Wall's wrist is too swollen right now to even evaluate and that the team needs the swelling to subside in the next 48 hours first before determining his status.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015...eft-wrist-hand
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Yeah, BAD news Amie.
    We are still recovering in the greater Washington metropolitan area, as it's called. For us, this is like Chicago less Rose last year...

Anyway, with 2 games played in each series, all scores are tied at 1 game a piece, we are practically looking at best of five for all teams involved. Some teams lost their home field advantage.

Thursday was an off day for everyone but there are two more games on Friday, two Saturday and so on...
    I will update once round is done.

I feel the NBA really hurt the CHI/CLE and LAC/HOU series with the scheduling. They got one day rest, traveling, while MEM/GSW and ATL/WAS will get 4. Not fair. And they could have simply reverted the games (GSW/MEM and ATL/WAS today)
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Wouldn't it be more likely dictated by when teams could host? Or was it for TV ratings?

I don't know. But for ratings, I gather nobody in NYC is watching CHI/CLE at all, much less HOU/LAC
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I don't know. But for ratings, I gather nobody in NYC is watching CHI/CLE at all, much less HOU/LAC
    There are many, many LeBron fans in NYC so they will watch. I think they're watching both series TBH.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    There are many, many LeBron fans in NYC so they will watch. I think they're watching both series TBH.
    They have to consider NHL games as well, Washington Caps play in Verizon Center, home of the Wizards.

Talking about the Wizards, Pierce converts a buzzer-beater with 3 defenders around him and keep the Wiz ahead of the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce
    That's why I am here!
    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 05-09-2015 at 06:38 PM.

The second round is coming to end, conference finals will be next.
    Rockets had a do or die last night and they did!

Lets see what happens tonight, 2 games are set.

Bulls are done. Cavs can even rest at Chicago and finish them back in Cleveland.
    Atl and GSW are the ones that still have to watch out.
    Starry starry night

These 2 games tonight are crucial, both series tied 2-2, the winner gets to finish the job next game.

There is a rumor Wall may play for Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Correspondent Kiu View Post
    These 2 games tonight are crucial, both series tied 2-2, the winner gets to finish the job next game.

There is a rumor Wall may play for Washington.
    He started.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

I'll probably watch my 2nd NBA game of the year tomorrow. Both will have been Clippers Game Sevens.

3 of the 4 semis spots have been filled, all decided in 6 games, a game 7 will decide the last semi spot.

Both top seeds advanced.

I am rooting for the Clippers against the Rockets (GS vs LA should be fun) but as a Spurs fan, if James Harden buries a 2 pointer against the Clippers in the final second of a 108-106 victory, after LA had stolen home court for a possible victory in a game 6, I will smile.
    Starry starry night

The 2015 NBA play-offs

Second round scores:

West
    Golden State Warriors win series 4-2
    Houston Rockets win series 4-3

East
    Atlanta Hawks win series 4-2
    Cleveland Cavaliers win series 4-2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the Conference Championships Order:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EAST

(1) Atlanta/(2) Cleveland

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEST

(1) Golden State/(2) Houston

Identical again!
    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 05-17-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789153055 ... LastLast