Agree Agree:  173
Likes Likes:  124
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567132853 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA Thread

Re: The NBA Thread

Golden State had no business winning the other night vs New Orleans. NO is not ready for prime time yet.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Jason Lloyd
    ‏@JasonLloydABJ
    Another look at Love/Olynyk. Appears Olynyk's left hand was wrapped around Love's forearm/wrist while he was pulling
    This is why Love said Olynyk dislocated his shoulder on purpose.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Nobody does that thinking "I am going to dislocate his shoulder".
    But that he was trying to bring him down there is no doubt.

Spurs: Danny Green 0-6, all from three. Tiago 0-5, all from 2. Parker missed 4 free throws, Duncan too. If they all make half of that (17 points) and...
    Well, I said the Spurs were not going to beat the Clips without home court ad.
    Go Warriors!!!!
    Starry starry night

That was a very interesting game. It's the first time I've seen Paul and Griffin play at their best. They made SA look what they are, old.

Update:

3 Teams advanced, all via sweeps. They are the top seed in West, #2 and #5 teams from East.

The Defending Champions are tied 2-2 with LA Clippers.

3 Games set for Monday.
    2 Games set for Tuesday.
    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 04-27-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Mavericks showed some pride and avoided being swept by the Rockets.

Look well at the Spurs and you will see they are not THAT old. Duncan and Manu give that impression. But the rest of the team (Kawhi, Green, Tiago, Mills, Baynes et al ) are young guys. The thing is that they have been together for so long when compared to other teams that they look old.
    And yes, Dallas said NOT IN MY HOUSE. YOU DON'T CELEBRATE HERE. Showed some pride. But Tuesday they are done.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    So far, not one single compelling series other than SAS Vs LAC. ATL, ....
    Atlanta versus Brooklyn has turned into a 2-2 tie, this suits Washington Wizards fine, they will be well rested when a battered Atlanta gets out of 6 game series, may be 7... better even if Brooklyn makes it!

Game 5 is tonight, there is also another game set for tonight, 2 games a day is the trick from here on.
    Game 5 is also being played in Memphis, they can clinch the series with a win, ahead 3-1 against Portland.

4 teams advanced. Only 4 spots left.
    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 04-29-2015 at 03:30 PM.

By not clinching a win the other night Chicago, if they make it through, will meet a well rested Cleveland team. If Milwaukee wins there isn't enough sawdust in the world to soak up the blood after Cleveland gets finished with them.

The San Antonio vs LA Clippers series is wonderful.

The Spurs really have been a disappointment in their last two games at home.
    Can they get three victories at Staples center. Don't think so
    Starry starry night

A 7th game is on cards for tonight, this between the Spurs and Clippers. All others have been decided, 7 out of 8 quarterfinal spots have been filled.

I am leaning towards the Clippers getting rid of the defending champs, if so, there will be no finalist from last year in the second round.

I will post an update when this round is completed.

The Spurs came out on fire but the clippers are working their way back in.

Rivers took Paul out shortly after this in the third quarter. Paul originally hurt himself in the first quarter.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

This is the first time all year I've tried to watch an NBA game (it's dropped quite low on my list of preferred sports) ... and it's not on TV.

This went in. Paul on one leg.

Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567132853 ... LastLast