Page 332 of 333 FirstFirst ... 82232282307322328329330331332333 LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 4987
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Tennis, Random Random

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    I think it's sweet (and, yes, smart PR). They actually look like a cute couple. Who knows? Maybe it will last.
    He is superfan of Tiger Woods, so he and Genie probably deserve each other

Lucie had a very interesting birthday cake

"For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

judy murray ‏@JudyMurray 2h2 hours ago
    11 years ago today, Andy won his 1st ATP Tour title in San Jose, aged 18.
    Time flies.

"For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Looks Del Potroesque...
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Sorry to be so late with this. He's still taking questions.

Gael Monfils ‏@Gael_Monfils 33m33 minutes ago
    Twittchat in 20min?

Reem Abulleil ‏@ReemAbulleil 3m3 minutes ago
    Ekaterina Makarova: "We are fighting, and I think we are just strongest people in the world"

Kristina Mladenovic: My Fed Cup comments were not about Caroline Garcia
    Kristina Mladenovic clarified the comments she made during Fed Cup and insists they were not about her doubles partner Caroline Garcia, but about Oceane Dodin instead.

by Reem Abulleil
    21st February 2017

French world No31 Kristina Mladenovic, who upset No2 seed Karolina Pliskova in the Dubai second round on Tuesday, clarified the comments she made post-Fed Cup earlier this month, which she says were misinterpreted as directed towards her friend and doubles partner Caroline Garcia.

Mladenovic had reportedly slammed a team-mate’s lack of commitment to Fed Cup, and French media claimed that these comments were aimed at Garcia, who did not take part in France’s 1-4 defeat to Switzerland in Geneva from February 11-12.

In Dubai, however, Mladenovic is playing Garcia in the doubles draw, and the recently-crowned St. Petersburg champion elaborated on her remarks, saying they were about Oceane Dodin, not her doubles partner.

“Just to clarify that thing, I never mentioned her name, and it was not about her. I just answered the question that it was about the missing players in the team, and I was not mentioning Caroline Garcia,” said Mladenovic.

“I was comparing – I was just simply comparing Amandine Hesse with Oceane Dodin, who is also an upcoming talented young player, and she never played for Fed Cup. She had one tie with us and never gave her all, and, you know, build something in the team.

“And I was comparing with Amandine that was literally like crying, being in the team. She came with us, being a hitting partner, which I thought was horrible for her. And then she earned her spot being the main fourth player and then ended with playing official match. I could see how pride she has, because for us, in France, it’s something big to big patriotic and play for the country.

“So I was definitely not using that strong words towards my partner, because, you know, it’s a choice of hers not to play this year. I regret it. I cannot say I agree with that, but in the past, from the beginning, from the beginning of her career, she always played full…”

http://sport360.com/video/internatio...aroline-garcia

Well this is one way to get people talking about the French women.

Mladenovic has made a bunch of sassy comments over the last six months or so. I'm thinking it's possible she's not the easiest to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Mladenovic has made a bunch of sassy comments over the last six months or so. I'm thinking it's possible she's not the easiest to work with.
    If I'm remembering right, she's been one of the most publicly vocal players in regard to the whole Maria Sharapova doping thing.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Federer has just extended his contract with Basel Indoors for another three years.
    Roger forever

Of course he could retire and still play that for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GARBINE MUGURUZA TO UNDERGO MRI AFTER SUFFERING LEFT ACHILLES INJURY
    by: KAMAKSHI TANDON February 21, 2017

Garbine Muguruza says she retired in the second round of Dubai because of a left Achilles injury she picked up the week before in Doha.

Muguruza retired down 1-4 in the first set to Kateryna Bondarenko in her opening match in Dubai, and told reporters that the injury affected her when serving and running from side to side.

"I've been carrying this since Doha," said the Spaniard, who had to play two matches in one day during last week’s tournament because of rain delays. "The second one was very tough, and I remember that as soon as I went after the match to my room, I started to have a pain in my left Achilles. And the next morning was even more painful."

"Personally, I don't think it's something really big,” she said, “but it's really bothering me every time I have to run on the court.”

Having experienced an adductor problem at the start of the season in Brisbane, she does not want to keep playing injured.

''In Brisbane, I had pain,” she said. “In Australia, I had pain. I'm tired of feeling that."

Muguruza was the fifth seed in Dubai.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2017/...-tennis/64340/

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Achilles injury is no joke.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Retirement? Roger Federer, Still Celebrating, Says He’s Not Done Yet

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/21/s...?smid=tw-share

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    Achilles injury is no joke.
    And a player not known for great mobility...
    You know I love Garbie but I see her out of the top 50 after Wimby.
    Things like this grow in my garden

Page 332 of 333 FirstFirst ... 82232282307322328329330331332333 LastLast