Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Predictions : Week of 102813

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Don't forget...still time to enter your 5-0 Italy picks
    The real question is, does it even get that far?
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Doh! So much for this being an easy pick!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just checked my confirmation email for Sofia. According to that, I only picked one semifinalist and nothing beyond that.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Meaning you had 3 wrong semifinalists? Or did you not see that email confirmations were messed for Sofia this week?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Meaning you had 3 wrong semifinalists? Or did you not see that email confirmations were messed for Sofia this week?
    Now I see the previous posts. I missed them entirely. Busy week. Actually, mine suggests I didn't make a single pick from one group at all. I'm sure all is fine. I hope so because I THINK I got all four SFists.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Unfortunately the macro for publishing the Sofia picks isn't working so that's why they weren't posted this week. If anyone wants to know their picks I can look it up for them.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    The real question is, does it even get that far?
    Thanks for that Drop-shot - went with 4-0 for Italy and got it right because I wouldn't have thought about not playing all the matches before I saw this post.

Are there still bonus points for correctly predicting Fed Cup scores? If so, what happens when they don't play the final match? In the case of a 4-0 final score, I kind of think everyone who predicted 4-0, 4-1, and 5-0 should qualify for the extra points.
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSkan View Post
    Are there still bonus points for correctly predicting Fed Cup scores? If so, what happens when they don't play the final match? In the case of a 4-0 final score, I kind of think everyone who predicted 4-0, 4-1, and 5-0 should qualify for the extra points.
    Yes, but you must have predicted 4-0 to get the bonus pt.

A suggestion for next year - instead of trying to predict which dead rubber matches are to get played in Fed Cup and Davis Cup, why not award the bonus point for picking how many matches were won by the losing team as of the time when the winning team clinches the rubber? That way we are predicting only based on the results which actually played in good faith by both sides. The bonus point as it currently works just seems too random.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

That's why it's only worth 1 Besides it's no more random than some of the early round matches where we are picking between women or men not ranked in the top 100.

I agree that it's too random, and I think it's much more so that a match between low ranked players. However, the contest is hard enough to manage that any complicated change seems implausible, so whatever is the most simple is fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12