Agree Agree:  209
Likes Likes:  319
Page 89 of 110 FirstFirst ... 39647985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1638

Thread: Celebrity News

Re: Celebrity News

I don't recognize her as Katy Perry either.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

For a huge change, I am posting a "review" without reading Ti's comments. I almost always agree totally with what she says, so I thought for once I'd go it alone:

First the easy stuff....the men: As always, most of the men look great. I would say it is a tie for best among the following, all of whom looked pretty much perfect to me: Riz Ahmed, Mahershala Ali, Viggo Mortensen, Luke Evans, and Joseph Fiennes. Maybe a slight demerit for the watch on Joseph Fiennes, since I found that watch to be an unwelcome distraction.

I did not like Timothée Chalamet's look, and I rarely do. But I have thought he was pretty much perfect for every role he has had in the last 3 years, so I think we're going to be seeing him at a lot of these. I'll put up with the look to get his acting.

Best woman, for me by a mile: the Duchess of Cambridge. There was not one thing about that look that I thought was less than perfect. A shame she couldn't find a better looking date who could get a Tux coat that he could button.

Worst woman: How can you go wrong with picking Cynthia Erivo for this? That was awful. But a near tie for me goes to Linda Cardellini for the following reason: That dress looks exactly (not "almost exactly" but "exactly") like a dress that could have been picked up for very little at the Five and Dime when I was a kid by the girls without a lot of extra spending money needing something to wear to the prom. I hope she paid the designer the $5 that dress is worth.

Solid honorable mentions for worst: Lucy Boynton, Eleanor Tomlinson, Katy Perry and CardiB. I know I'm mixing 2 red carpet affairs in this list. A question: There were several of these (e.g. CardiB) that would appear to be impossible to sit down in. What do they do when it is time to sit down and listen to acceptance speeches?

GH
    Last edited by GlennHarman; 02-11-2019 at 04:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Well, I didn't watch (I knew I'd get mad so I stayed away this year), but I know that both Cardi B and Katy Perry performed in much, much different looks than what they wore on the red carpet. I'm not sure what they wore when in the audience, but I'd wonder if these first looks were worn specifically for the red carpet. I know for sure that Katy Perry was in a different after party dress from her performance one and when Cardi B accepted her award, it was a different look than both her performance look outfit and her red carpet extravaganza. While not a great look, it had a LOT going on, it was a respectable dress nonetheless and she doesn't look like Ursula anymore. I'll try to remember to post those later if these aren't among Ti-Amie's Daily Fail postings.

From the Daily Fail

Camila Cabello

Miley Cyrus
    So far Letitia Wright is the only one to get the lady tux/suit right

Miley had her family (minus her husband) there

Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley, and her mother Tish
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

ARod has enougn money to get a tux jacket that fits. It's funny what people will scrimp on.
    Oh yeah he's with JLo and her hat

Heidi Klum
    Since this seems to be the latest look she's wearing it well

Jada Pinkett Smith
    She's continuing the side boob look and I'm okay with the gown. She knows that her toes should not be falling over the front of her shoes yet here we are

There was a lot of attention given to Kylie Jenner's outfit but most of the pics were from the waist up. Now I know why.

Kylie Jenner and Jada Pinkett Smith

This is the glamour shot they used before of Jenner

Alicia Keys got it right here. The tailoring is the thing here and it speaks for itself.

Meghan Trainor's expression ruins this look.

Dua Lipa
    Versace does get it right sometimes

Jameela Jamil is trying to move out of her comfort zone and does all right here.

Kacey Musgraves

Toni Braxton in her version of JLo's green dress.

H.E.R.

Tracee Ellis Ross

Tracee and her brother Evan Ross and his wife Ashlee Simpson

Evan and Ashlee

St Vincent
    "High low: St. Vincent turned heads in a black and white Giambattista Valli mini-dress with an over-the-top coat worn on the outside"

I was really confused so I'm glad they gave that information.

BTS

Each man is wearing something different but it comes off as if they're wearing the same thing. Whoever styled them did a good job.

Giuliana Rancic

Rashida Jones

Eve

Fantasia

From what I can see this would've been interesting done well except for that flounce...

Ben harper

Diplo
    No socks

Brad Goreski
    A little fun nicely done

Questlove

Fall Out Boy

Chris Stapleton and wife Morgane

Ricky Martin and his son

Patton Oswalt and his daughter

Pentatonix
    Another group showing that you can be dressed individually and still look like a group

Mark Ronson

TOkiMONSTA
    What a nice break from the architectural look favored by many of the women

Kane Brown and wife Katelyn Jae

Weezer
    Because why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post

Giuliana Rancic
    I'm finding this very odd. That illusion along her neck makes her seem downright marionette like.

Of the new group:

Best.....easily Alicia Keys. Beautiful solid color and perfectly tailored.
    Runner-up....Dua Lipa. This looks great. I still wonder what one does with that much train when you get inside.
    2nd Runner-up.....Jada Pinkett Smith.....I'm surprised I like this, but I do. The shoes are so wrong.

Worst.....as usual, a tough choice with so many contenders. I'm going with Meghan Trainor. That simply looks silly to me. Maybe a bit of a complaint: What's up with the apparent requirement to show a ton of boob? I think there are any number of these women who would look better, and certainly more elegant, with the gown showing an inch or 2 less of boob. But Meghan Trainor....this outfit wouldn't look good on anyone, but it is ridiculous on her.
    Runners-up for worst: Kacey Musgraves, St. Vincent, Kylie Jenner, Heidi Klum....these big add-ons around the upper body have got to go. (I wonder what is the proper term for "add-ons".....I'm pretty sure that's not it).

GH

I know we usually give the kids a bit of a break.....but Patton Oswalt's daughter: I have no trouble so much with what she is wearing above the feet. But couldn't they find something to put on that poor child's feet other than sneakers that look either dirty or stained on the canvas part. I suspect he could afford other shoes.

GH

I will go ahead and say I like what Meghan Trainor has on for the most part. It is nowhere near a fave, and I'd like it a good deal more without the shoulder epaulettes that push this too close to a drumline look, but it does not bother me and I think it's flattering on her. And I absolutely love that she's showing off her figure in full, very apropos for the woman who sings about curves being something to embrace.

Outside of the hideous outfit, I'm concerned about Ben Harper, and what he's been putting into his system. It's quite a feat to age poorly as a black man, and yet he is. His looks have bypassed a decade and a half in just a few years. I've never been a fan of his music, but he's always been attractive and this isn't merely, well he's gotten older. He shouldn't have gotten this old, this fast given where he was.

Mark Ronson looks like he's moments away from breaking into doo wop.

Weezer. They look like Miami Vice extra rejects.

Page 89 of 110 FirstFirst ... 39647985868788899091929399 ... LastLast