Agree Agree:  62
Likes Likes:  118
Page 1 of 56 12345112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity News

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Celebrity News

Because we need a general spot to post certain stories. And because sometimes, there are stories that are too great not to post.
    Back when Novak was happy (IW 2012)

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Celebrity News

Mia Farrow is suggesting in a new interview with Vanity Fair that, perhaps her and Woody's son Ronan is not really Woody's son at all. And that his perhaps actual paternity is a bit of a shocker:

Exclusive: Mia Farrow and Eight of Her Children Speak Out on Their Lives, Frank Sinatra, and the Scandals They’ve Endured

Twenty years after Vanity Fair special correspondent Maureen Orth reported on the sexual-abuse case involving Woody Allen and Mia Farrow’s adopted daughter Dylan, Orth reconnects with Farrow to discuss her human-rights work, her relationship with Frank Sinatra, the home she created for her 14 adopted and biological children, and the scandal that nearly destroyed it, 20 years ago. For her piece in the November issue, Orth talks to eight of Farrow’s children, including the long-silent Dylan, who speaks on the record for the first time about the alleged incident.

Farrow discusses her relationship with Frank Sinatra, telling Orth that Sinatra was the great love of her life, and says, “We never really split up.” When asked point-blank if her biological son with Woody Allen, Ronan Farrow, may actually be the son of Frank Sinatra, Farrow answers, “Possibly.” No DNA tests have been done. When Orth asks Nancy Sinatra Jr. about Ronan’s being treated as if he were a member of her family, Sinatra answers in an e-mail, “He is a big part of us, and we are blessed to have him in our lives.” (emphasis added)

Orth speaks to Farrow’s children, including Dylan, who now has another name and who discusses what she remembers about Allen and how his behavior has tormented her. She refuses ever to say his name. She calls her fears “crippling” and says, “I’m scared of him, his image.” Dylan tells Orth, “I have never been asked to testify. If I could talk to the seven-year-old Dylan, I would tell her to be brave, to testify.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/dai...family-scandal

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I knew when you started this thread, this was the story you were going to post.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    I knew when you started this thread, this was the story you were going to post.
    It's too good a story.

It's funny, because I always thought Sinatra and Farrow didn't get along post-divorce. He demanded she stop acting, and had her served with divorce papers on the set of "Rosemary's Baby".

What's also funny is that it seems like all of Sinatra's ex's, as well as his surviving spouse, all claim he was the "love of their live". Ava Gardner always said that, and said they problem was they were too volatile for each other.

I guess he knew how to woo the ladies...

Nancy Sinatra saying that Ronan is a part of their family settled the issue for me.
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I guess he knew how to woo the ladies...

Nancy Sinatra saying that Ronan is a part of their family settled the issue for me.
    Yea, something's up when Nancy, whose efforts to preserve her father's legacy have been huge, lends an air of credibility to the story.

Coroner: Cory Monteith Died of 'Intravenous Heroin Use' and Alcohol
    2:24 PM PDT 10/2/2013 by Etan Vlessing

The final report from the B.C. Ministry of Justice issued Wednesday confirms the late "Glee" star's death was accidental, and not due to fatal injury, illness or disease.

CANNES -- The late Glee star Cory Monteith died of a mixed drug cocktail involving "intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."

That finding was part of the final B.C. Coroner's report into the July 13 death of the Hollywood actor in Vancouver which had previously been ruled accidental.

The final report, made public Wednesday, goes into additional detail, including indicating Monteith was found dead in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel shortly after noon on July 13. He was 31.

"He had checked into the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out on the 13th. When he had not done so, hotel staff checked his room and found him unresponsive on the floor," the report stated.
    Investigators on the scene found drug paraphernalia in Monteith's presence, including "a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles and glasses."
    At the time of his death, Monteith had an alcohol level of 0.13 percent, with a "moderate" level of intoxication.

The report also pointed to the presence of morphine, codeine and "6-monoacetyle morphine," or a metabolite of heroin.

The coroner's investigation added the hotel video captured Monteith returning alone to his room at 2:16 a.m. on July 13, which marked the final time the actor was seen alive.

The coroner's report also confirmed that Monteith had a "history of illicit drug use," with periodic stints in rehab, followed by staying off drugs from years or months in duration.

The report also confirmed what others had speculated previously, that abstinence from using opioids, including heroin, for a period of time lessens tolerance to the toxicity of the deadly drug.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new..._now_lgoldberg
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Celebrity News

I don't get how dying from shooting heroin, combined with alcohol use to the point where you are legally intoxicated, qualifies as an "accidental death". You shoot heroin, you know the consequences.
    Last edited by Moose; 10-02-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I don't get how dying from shooting heroin, combined with alcohol use to the point where you are legally intoxicated, qualifies as an "accidental death". You shoot heroin, you know the consequences.
    Maybe accidental in the sense that he didn't consciously intend to kill himself Moose? He'd been sober for awhile and had a fatal relapse maybe?

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Oh, I get it in that sense Ti. It's the whole idea that anyone who spikes heroin intends the consequences in my mind. And sadly, one of those consequences is death, whether due to OD'ing, a bad batch, or a toxic mix of chemicals.

Never mind my rambling, this topic drives me insane due to some family-related issues.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Just in - Jury rules AEG not liable in Michael Jackson's death. His estate had been seeking in excess of a billion dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Just in - Jury rules AEG not liable in Michael Jackson's death. His estate had been seeking in excess of a billion dollars.
    So Janet will have to step into Michael's shoes huh?

This was posted on Jada Pinkett Smith's FB page today:

A letter to a friend:

It saddens me to see you so miserable, but a lot of your misery, I believe, is connected to being so concerned with what everyone feels and thinks about you. So much so, every decision in your life is based on having the approval of others. This approach does not reflect the truth of your inner life, therefore creating misery. I will tell you this, I have learned that just because something has been done a certain way for a long time does not mean that it's thee appropriate approach for you. Conditions and traditions are great when they work. When they don't, I believe it's important to muster the strength to create the dynamics that specifically work for the experience we desire to create and is unique to our lives, and it almost never reflects what is "accepted". Who said OUR decisions, OUR lives must look like anyone else's?

Be your own opinion leader and let your approval, in regard to your own life, be enough
    J
    This is only me speculating, but I find it curious that this was posted the day after Leah Remini spoke openly about her separation from the Church of Scientology and how it tried to control her, followed by an interpretive dance where she was a puppet on a string who was freed at the end.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Jada and Will have tried to keep their ties to Scientology quiet so I'm surprised that Jada posted this at all.

Michael Bay Attacked on 'Transformers 4' Set in Hong Kong (Report)
    5:47 AM PDT 10/17/2013 by Patrick Brzeski

The director was assaulted by two men demanding money during the shoot of the latest film in the Paramount franchise.
    Michael Bay was injured on Thursday in an attack that took place on the set of Transformers 4 in Hong Kong.

Two local men, reportedly brothers, approached the director during the shooting of the film in a busy downtown area of Hong Kong Island. The younger brother demanded $100,000 ($12,900) from Bay, according to a police statement given to Reuters.

An argument then ensued, and the older brother walked up and struck Bay in the face, according to the report. The man then attempted to fight three police officers who sought to intervene.

Both brothers were arrested on suspicion of blackmail and assault.

Bay is said to have sustained injuries to his face, but nothing serious enough to warrant a hospital visit. He resumed shooting after the incident.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...rmers-4-649183

These guys were on the set. That speaks volumes. Here's a comment that may sum up what happened.

Enty Lawyer ‏@entylawyer
    Note to future directors. To avoid getting beat up, make sure you pay your hooker bills on time when bosses extend you credit.

Page 1 of 56 12345112651 ... LastLast