Likes Likes:  219
Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst 123456789153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity News

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    I don't dislike Andrew Sullivan. I enjoy him on AC360's new format and he's also a guest quite often on Bill Maher's show. He's actually one of the few truly non-partisan political writers out there right now.
    I love how Sullivan writes openly about his struggles with being gay and a faithful Catholic (that is probably my single favorite topic that he writes on). He loves Pope Francis, and wrote a fantastic column about 2 months ago (after the big interview) about the rebirth of Catholicism that I emailed to a bunch of people I know.

He goes from incredibly conservative to incredibly liberal on issues. He loves Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama. But there is always passion in his writing, which is probably the one thing I like most about him.

A number of people, and websites, consider him the most influential political writer in America today.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

So it seems Alec Baldwin isn't the only celebrity out there these days tossing around inflamatory slurs:

Cher ‏@cher 15 Nov
    Go to dictionary,& look up
    The “C"Word,....next 2 the definition...you’ll see a Pic of
    Sarah PALIN !
    NO...WAIT ...SHES UNDER DUMB C WORD��
    https://twitter.com/cher

If she doesn't say it, does it really count as a slur?
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

If African Americans can use the N word without repudiation, does it then not allow women to use the C word?

Besides, Cher is right.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

MSNBC's Martin Bashir also went over the line with comments about Palin on Friday.

He issued an on-air apology at the top of his show today.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    MSNBC's Martin Bashir also went over the line with comments about Palin on Friday.

He issued an on-air apology at the top of his show today.
    So it's not just their ratings that have sunk to new lows.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    So it's not just their ratings that have sunk to new lows.
    Despite the fact that I have them on most of the day (except for Ed Schultz and Rev. Sharpton -- Both of you! Stop yelling!!) I don't think they've ever had the best ratings on earth.

I like Martin Bashir, but yeah... that was over the top. Even for me.

I'm a Martin Bashir fan too and had no idea what he was apologizing for. At least he said he was wrong. I don't think CNN or Fox ever apologize for falsehoods or misstatements they've made. I could be wrong since I don't watch either network but I think I would've heard about apologies they've issued.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Bashir didn't make a falsehood or misstatement. He essentially said she was an outstanding candidate to have a human defecate in her mouth. This from a newscaster? Yeah, he owed the apology. And he acknowledged as much.

In answer to the Fox/CNN aside, when Fox's Tricia Macke called Rachel Maddow an "angry young man" on Facebook, she did apologize the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Bashir didn't make a falsehood or misstatement. He essentially said she was an outstanding candidate to have a human defecate in her mouth. This from a newscaster? Yeah, he owed the apology. And he acknowledged as much.

In answer to the Fox/CNN aside, when Fox's Tricia Macke called Rachel Maddow an "angry young man" on Facebook, she did apologize the next day.
    Thanks for the clarification Moose!
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I didn't know why he was apologizing either. I had to look it up.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

On Friday, he reacted to Palin's remarks about slavery by describing a punishment for slaves, which called for leaving "s--t" in their mouths. Bashir said that Palin "would be the outstanding candidate" for such a punishment.

Bashir opened his Monday show acknowledging that the comments were "deeply offensive."

"I wanted to take this opportunity to say sorry to Mrs. Palin and to also offer an unreserved apology to her friends and family, her supporters, our viewers, and anyone who may have heard what I said," the MSNBC host said. "My words were wholly unacceptable. They were neither accurate, nor fair. They were unworthy of anyone who would claim to have an interest in politics. And they have brought shame upon my friends and colleagues at this network, none of whom were responsible for the things that I said, and and at a place where we try every day to elevate political discourse and to focus on issues that matter to all of us."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4298095.html

Sounds like he has been watching American Horror Story...
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I thought this was just tabloid bs until now:

Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned to Death?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=20927517

Shtexas I was on a site last night and the talk revolved around whether she could've been poisoned by the drugs she was said to be addicted to. The article they posted said that they found rat poison, which one woman described as "the Southern Girl's best friend".

But then how does the husband die soon after her death?

There is a lot of suspicion towards her mother. And the father is said to be writing a book.

Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst 123456789153055 ... LastLast