Agree Agree:  183
Likes Likes:  292
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 12345678142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity News

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Celebrity News

In lighter news - celebrating the 20th anniversary of the show's debut this month- do you think they had ANY idea what they had here?

Some great clips in the story:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ouse-club.html
    Last edited by Moose; 11-15-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

They probably thought that at best some beach movies were in their futures.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    In lighter news - celebrating the 20th anniversary of the show's debut this month- do you think they had ANY idea what they had here?

Some great clips in the story:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ouse-club.html
    I don't know, Moose. The Daily Beast? Really? I mean how can you trust that outlet?

J/K, of course.

I'll bet they had no idea. Maybe they were hoping to have a new show that would stick around for a year or two?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's a lesson here about the discipline of empathy. We all have certain words, phrases, or expressions that make our blood boil--and rightfully so. The challenge is appreciating the rage of others when words, phrases, or expressions put them in orbit but do not affect us personally, and not automatically dismissing the rage of others as being overly sensitive, politically correct, uppity, or hysterical just because we cannot relate.

It doesn't mean that we'll always agree, or come to the same conclusions about the ugliness we see, or prioritize things the same. But it takes a special discipline to consciously try to imagine what mere words mean to those who are intended to be harmed.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    I don't know, Moose. The Daily Beast? Really? I mean how can you trust that outlet?

J/K, of course.
    True, Kirk. They used to employ that hack-for - hire Andrew Sullivan :P

Do a 4 person swoosh from the one seated on the floor to top right, and how many billions in sales are we talking?

I wonder how bitter the three in the top left corner are today.

ETA: Out of curiosity, I looked them up on IMDB. The girl in the center, Nikki DeLoach, looks like she gets character work fairly regularly, and also dated one of the non-Justin NSYNCers (JC). The two boys haven't really worked since Mickey Mouse Club.
    Last edited by JTContinental; 11-15-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    I wonder how bitter the three in the top left corner are today.

ETA: Out of curiosity, I looked them up on IMDB. The girl in the center, Nikki DeLoach, looks like she gets character work fairly regularly, and also dated one of the non-Justin NSYNCers (JC). The two boys haven't really worked since Mickey Mouse Club.
    He's not in the photo, but JC was also part of the cast - so was Scotty and Beaujarkko's favorite "Waitress", Keri "Felicity" Russell.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

True, Kirk. They used to employ that hack-for - hire Andrew Sullivan :P

Do a 4 person swoosh from the one seated on the floor to top right, and how many billions in sales are we talking?
    LOL. I did not call him a hack. I actually like Sullivan (to a point, anyway). But, I digress...

::

I love that Justin's voice hadn't changed yet. LOL. (Has it yet?)

Baldwin's show will be suspended for two weeks.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

MSNBC Suspends Alec Baldwin's Late Night Show
    4:41 PM PST 11/15/2013 by Erik Hayden

"I want to apologize to my loyal fans and to my colleagues at msnbc," stated the host in an apology and statement posted online late Friday.

Alec Baldwin's caught-on-camera use of homophobic slurs hasn't gone unnoticed from MSNBC.

On Friday, the network suspended Up Late With Alec Baldwin for two weeks following the actions of the host and 30 Rock actor over the past several days.

Baldwin's full statement is below:

I would like to address the comments I made this past week.

I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have – and for that I am deeply sorry. Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward. What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable. Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support. I understand “Up Late” will be taken off the schedule for tonight and next week.

I want to apologize to my loyal fans and to my colleagues at msnbc – both for my actions and for distracting from their good work. Again, please accept my apology.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ht-show-656669
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Because such words are absolutely integral in "trying to protect my family"...

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Because such words are absolutely integral in "trying to protect my family"...
    I was going to mention that qualifier too. I wonder what's gonna happen 2 weeks from tonight, after the suspension?

::

Alternate post: He sounds like me; blow up now, apologize later.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Maybe the liberal-leaning cable news network isn't Satan after all.

From Andrew Sullivan:
    "I’m glad the allegedly liberal network does not regard violent homophobic bigotry as something it wants to associate with."

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Maybe the liberal-leaning cable news network isn't Satan after all.

From Andrew Sullivan:
    "I’m glad the allegedly liberal network does not regard violent homophobic bigotry as something it wants to associate with."
    I go back and forth with Andrew Sullivan, but I applaud the strong stand he took on this. Glad Anderson Cooper had some back up for once against Baldwin.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I go back and forth with Andrew Sullivan, but I applaud the strong stand he took on this. Glad Anderson Cooper had some back up for once against Baldwin.
    I'm glad to see MSNBC has done something, anyway. Although, despite my defense of them, I'll be pretty disappointed if this is just to buy time in hopes that it will blow over.

I don't dislike Andrew Sullivan. I enjoy him on AC360's new format and he's also a guest quite often on Bill Maher's show. He's actually one of the few truly non-partisan political writers out there right now.

Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 12345678142954 ... LastLast