Agree Agree:  140
Likes Likes:  219
Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity News

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Celebrity News

I always liked Ducky. His candor here really shines through - I can't imagine Travolta or a lot of other folically challenged actors being this candid, but he seems to enjoy it. Maybe that's how you go through life after you survive your ex-wife trying to hire a hit man to kill you:

Jon Cryer Reveals His Hair Is A Fake, 'Elaborate Illusion'

Jon Cryer stopped by "Conan" Monday night (Nov. 11) and revealed that his whole life has been a bit of a lie. Well, his hair, anyway.

Cryer said his hair is, quote, “an elaborate illusion.”

"This is the work of several talented professionals making the most of like, four hairs," he explained. "It's amazing, actually, what they can do. I'm not wearing a piece -- or anything like that -- but it's a long involved process that starts with stuff like shoe polish."

"They basically just paint -- they get a roller type thing -- and just whoosh along the top," Cryer described while demonstrating painting his head. "You have to decide if you're going to go full [John] Travolta and get the full front in. And then they literally sprinkle powder in from a salt shaker. So this is, like I said, four or five hairs."

So, basically if it rains, he's out of luck.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...=Entertainment
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

All these years (18 to be exact) later, Emma Thompson finally reveals what broke up her and Kenneth's Branagh's marriage - his affair with Helena Bonham Carter.

Emma Thompson's revenge served with stellar sophistication
    Emma Thompson has made peace with Helena Bonham Carter over her affair with ex-husband Kenneth Branagh – setting an example to love rivals everywhere

In a world of reality TV, celebrity magazines dedicated to following the most fleeting of unions, Twitter break-ups and make-ups, it’s hard to think back 18 years, and to the relative silence that accompanied the Branagh-Thompson split.

At the time, they were two of the biggest names in Britain. Known simply as “Ken and Em”, their relationship invited comparisons with the glamour of Laurence Olivier and Vivien Leigh or even Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor. Yet despite whispers of Branagh’s “private and complicated” relationship with fellow Brit actor Helena Bonham Carter, and Thompson’s subsequent relationship with (her now husband) Greg Wise, no one was any the wiser.

But this week Thompson has finally lifted the lid on what happened at the end of that union with charm and self-deprecation – and how she used the pain and depression she suffered to carve out an even more successful career for herself.

If revenge, as the late fashion designer Gianni Versace believed, is best served after seven years, then other alpha couples in the throes of painful break-ups could have learnt a lot from the Thompson example.

“[It] is – as Mike Nichols [the director] once said … all blood under the bridge. You can’t hold on to anything like that,” Thompson, said as she finally commented on the Branagh/Bonham Carter affair in an interview this week. “She’s a wonderful woman, Helena.”

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...stication.html

I wonder if Emma is talking because of all the rumors about Tim Burton and Helena having marriage troubles? They're presenting a united front now but last month there were rumors about Tim and a "mystery blonde".
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Adam Levine will be named this year's People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive".
    http://www.eonline.com/news/481246/a...y-of-the-title

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely nothing remotely sexy about a 110 pound man with a waxed chest who has no ass and can fit comfortably in a pair of women's jeans.
    Last edited by Moose; 11-15-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely nothing remotely sexy about a 110 pound man with a waxed chest who has no ass and can fit comfortably in a pair of women's jeans.
    Think Sharapova will approve the choice
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Think Sharapova will approve the choice
    I agree Moose.

And Patrick...
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Yeah, I can probably walk four blocks and see five alive guys that are sexier than Adam Levine.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Aren't you a picky group.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Paula Dean admits to using the "n" word 20-30 years ago, loses her TV show, loses millions in endorsements.

Alec Baldwin on the other hand, just yesterday called a photographer a "c**ksucking F*g", after earlier this year launching into this tirade against a British journalist
    "If put my foot up your f**king ass, George Stark, but I'm sure you'd dig it too much,"

"I'm gonna find you George Stark, you toxic little queen, and I'm gonna f**k you... up
    You can catch Alec Baldwin tonight in his regularly scheduled 10:00 p.m. show on MSNBC.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Paula Dean admits to using the "n" word 20-30 years ago, loses her TV show, loses millions in endorsements.

Alec Baldwin on the other hand, just yesterday called a photographer a "c**ksucking F*g", after earlier this year launching into this tirade against a British journalist

You can catch Alec Baldwin tonight in his regularly scheduled 10:00 p.m. show on MSNBC.
    Paula Dean didn't lose her show within 24 hours of admitting to using the "N" word. Maybe, I don't know... give MSNBC a few days to mull it over?

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Oh. And... hell, I'm sexier that Adam Levine!

Sexiest man alive? I think not, silly People Magazine.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Paula Dean didn't lose her show within 24 hours of admitting to using the "N" word. Maybe, I don't know... give MSNBC a few days to mull it over?
    Seriously, Kirk...what's there to mull over?

This was written by liberal columnist Andrew Sullivan today:

“It seems to me that this double standard cannot stand any more,” Sullivan wrote in the immediate wake of Baldwin’s comments. “And this raging, violent bigot cannot be defended any longer.”

In a follow up post, when Sullivan could not stand the silence form the left-leaning cable news network any more, he ripped into them furiously:

“What a bunch of hypocrites and phonies on that propaganda network,” Sullivan wrote. “If you’re a conservative and are caught yelling these slurs at random people, you’d be fired pronto or buried in an avalanche of gay protest. If you’re a self-entitled liberal, you’re fine.”
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-cr...l-unaddressed/
    Last edited by Moose; 11-15-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Seriously, Kirk...what's there to mull over?

This was written by liberal columnist Andrew Sullivan today:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-cr...l-unaddressed/
    I'm just saying that they're a business. I don't know how much money they've spent on Baldwin's show, but to expect an announcement about it's cancellation within a day of the video being released just seems a little unrealistic. Calls have to be made. A replacement for that time slot has to be decided upon. How to announce the cancellation has to be discussed.

I don't think the Paula Dean situation and this situation is a good comparison, that's all. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure she had time to offer her sobbing apologies on several news shows before Food Network announced their disassociation with her.

And Andrew Sullivan is nothing but a paid literary hit-man for his current employer, CNN. That little rant should get him a pretty big bonus, I would think.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

It's not like there isn't a long history of this kind of conduct from before yesterday's most recent event:

From "The Nation":

Still, it’s puzzling that Alec Baldwin keeps getting a pass for so frequently morphing from an urbane liberal into a raving bigot. In 2011, he complained to his Twitter followers about an “Uptight Queen barista named JAY” at a 93rd Street Starbucks; as offensive as the homophobia was the bullying of an ill-paid service worker who'd dared displease him. Then, in a confrontation earlier this year, [b]he allegedly called a black New York Post photographer a “coon” and a “crackhead.” Just a few months ago, he went on a berserk homophobic Twitter rant against a Daily Mail reporter who had accused Baldwin’s wife of Tweeting at a funeral: “I want all of my followers and beyond to straighten out this fu**ng little bitch, George Stark…If put my foot up your ****ing ass, George Stark, but I'm sure you'd dig it too much … I'm gonna find you, George Stark, you toxic little queen, and I'm gonna f**k...you...up."

Somehow, because he's a charming white man with good politics, none of this seemed to touch him, and a month ago he got his own show on MSNBC, "Up Late with Alec Baldwin," airing Fridays at 10 pm. Now, of course, he’s in trouble for calling a paparazzo a “c**ksucking f*g." (He claims he really said “c**ksucking fathead,” which would still be homophobic in the unlikely event that it were true.) Then, in a weird stunt, he dragged his hairdresser before reporters to testify to his good will towards gays, which is sort of like Republicans claiming that they can’t be racist because they love Herman Cain.
    http://www.thenation.com/blog/177179...embarrassment#

BTW, it's pretty clear from the TMZ tape that he said "f*g", not fathead - and Baldwin himself, who posted to TWitter that he said "fathead", has taken down that Tweet.
    Last edited by Moose; 11-15-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm not saying I don't think his show be cancelled. I think it should. And I'll be surprised (and more than a little disappointed) if it isn't. I don't really understand why he was hired in the first place.

I've never seen his show (don't care for him much) but I'll be tuning in tonight to see if it airs.

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567132853 ... LastLast