Agree Agree:  183
Likes Likes:  292
Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 123456122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity News

Re: Celebrity News

Paramount has released the following statement:

“Contrary to several erroneous news reports made today, Bay did not get hurt in a fight on set,” said Paramount. “The production company did have a bizarre encounter with a man (allegedly under the influence of a narcotic substance) who was wielding an air conditioning unit as a weapon. The man, who had earlier accosted several other crew members, rushed onto the set in Quarry Bay and swung the air conditioning unit directly at Bay’s head. The director ducked and wrested the air conditioner from his attacker, preventing what could have been a serious accident. The company’s security team quickly stepped in and subdued the assault. The police, who also scuffled with the assailant and two of his companions, ultimately arrested the three men. No one on the cast or crew was injured and the production immediately resumed filming without further incident.”
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/para...medium=twitter
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

preventing what could have been a serious accident
    Accident? It would not have been an accident. LOL.

ABC anchor Elizabeth Vargas checks into rehab for alcohol abuse: ‘I will deal with this challenge one day at a time’
    The '20/20' co-anchor, who has been seeking treatment for the past few weeks, will return to her anchor perch behind the news desk in another few weeks.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

PUBLISHED: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2013, 4:11 PM
    UPDATED: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2013, 4:40 PM

ABC’s “20/20” co-anchor Elizabeth Vargas has been MIA on the air for weeks, and Confidenti@l has learned she’s been in a well-respected rehab center for alcohol abuse.
    “She’s checked herself into a facility, and she’s getting treatment,” one insider close to Vargas, 51, tells us. “She’s been there for a few weeks and will be there for another few weeks.”

Vargas, who will be returning to her anchor perch behind the news desk when she is released and feeling better, confirmed she is in a treatment center and relayed the following:

“Like so many people, I am dealing with addiction. I realized I was becoming increasingly dependent on alcohol. And feel fortunate to have recognized it for the problem it was becoming. I am in treatment and am so thankful for the love and support of my family, friends and colleagues at ABC News. Like so many others, I will deal with this challenge one day at a time. If coming forward today gives one other person the courage to seek help, I’m grateful.”

When the senior staff at the Disney-owned network had begun whispering about her whereabouts, they were officially told that she was on “medical leave,” but many suspected she had been getting help for an alcohol problem and would be returning soon.
    “We are proud of the steps Elizabeth has taken and are pulling for her recovery,” an ABC spokesman says. “We look forward to having her back home at ABC News, where she has done so much distinguished work over the years. Elizabeth is a member of our family, and we will support her in every way we can.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz2juAWVTur
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Here it is. I was looking for this thread when I saw the article of Bieber leaving a brothel in Brazil.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

In sad news, Courtney Stodden and Doug Hutchison are separating. Lest you say "what about the children," they will continue to share custody of their dog, Dourtney.

http://www.people.com/people/article...752745,00.html
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

(not sure suing a tabloid for 50 million for a headline that he "abandoned" his daughter following the separation was a real wise move - Cruise is getting raked over the coals from what is leaking out of the deposition testimony)

Tom Cruise: I didn’t see Suri for 110 days; Scientology made Katie Holmes flee
    In a stunning Sept. 9 deposition, Cruise confessed that Holmes dumped him to spare their daughter, Suri, now 7, from the sect, and also admitted that he only saw his daughter 10 times between the middle of June and Thanksgiving. The admission was sparked by a $50 million lawsuit accusing Life & Style and In Touch magazines of defaming him in 2012 stories claiming he'd 'abandoned' Suri.

Tom Cruise has admitted in an explosive court deposition that actress Katie Holmes fled their marriage to protect their daughter from Scientology.

Cruise confessed that Holmes dumped him to spare their now 7-year-old daughter, Suri, from the celebrity-centric religion, according to the deposition, obtained by RadarOnline.

The “Mission: Impossible” star’s stunning deposition was sparked by his $50 million lawsuit accusing Life & Style and In Touch magazines of defaming him in cover stories in 2012 claiming he had “abandoned” his daughter.

In the Sept. 9 faceoff with lawyers of the magazines’ parent company, Bauer Media, Cruise admitted he did not see his daughter for 110 days following his split with Holmes, RadarOnline reported.

He said he only saw his child 10 times between the middle of June until Thanksgiving.
    But he said he would often call his daughter and tell her stories over the phone.

Cruise, 51, also lashed out when asked if his religion played a role in breaking up his five-year marriage.

“Listen, I find that question offensive,” Cruise exploded, according to a 36-page deposition transcript. “I find it, those statements offensive. Like with any relationship, there are many different levels to it. You know, I, I find it very offensive. There is no need to protect my daughter from my religion.”

But when pressed to answer the question, Cruise reluctantly revealed what many have speculated since the couple’s sudden split in 2012.

“And Ms. Holmes has never indicated in any way that was one of the reasons she left you? ... To protect Suri from Scientology?” the Bauer attorney asked.

Finally, Cruise admitted, “Did she say that? That was one of the assertions, yes.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz2k4Z0oP8V
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

It seems the often reviled gossip columnists do a better job at checking facts than CBS.

Terez Owens a sports gossip site, has been digging into rumors that Kerry Washington's marriage is fake, something that's been speculated about ever since the "secret Idaho wedding". They've got documents and stuff. Amazing. I hope CBS is paying attention.

http://www.terezowens.com/?s=kerry+w...&image2=SEARCH

I don't understand why they would have a fake marriage.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Frankly I don't either but many do think it's fake. They've never been photographed together and the one pic that is floating around is obviously photoshopped.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Frankly I don't either but many do think it's fake. They've never been photographed together and the one pic that is floating around is obviously photoshopped.
    Tom and Katie? Because he's ... oh wait - you're talking about Kerry Washington. My bad.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Tom and Katie? Because he's ... oh wait - you're talking about Kerry Washington. My bad.
    But Kerry is in a different situation from Katie. Kerry has it made with "Scandal" and "Django" under her belt so why would she need to do a Katie if you know what I mean. I'm sure Katie got a nice "settlement" from her ex.

Bieber cancelled his second show in Buenos Aires... apparently in the middle of it. Cited health issues.

Yes Justin, this is what happens when you spend your nights partying and with hookers.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    Bieber cancelled his second show in Buenos Aires... apparently in the middle of it. Cited health issues.

Yes Justin, this is what happens when you spend your nights partying and with hookers.
    And in a few months, he'll release his new hit single, Penicillin.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Someone snapped this photo last night at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards event in New York City.

More about the event at: http://www.glamour.com/inspired/blog...year-awar.html

1470296_639044716118498_767102245_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Someone snapped this photo last night at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards event in New York City.

More about the event at: http://www.glamour.com/inspired/blog...year-awar.html

1470296_639044716118498_767102245_n.jpg
    Wonderful!

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 123456122752 ... LastLast