Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Re: Men's USOSP Picks & Results Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    It was, Baghdatis only lost six games
    It's just that someone else did the walking
    To a tennis player, love means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    Welcome all 51 of you survivors! It's a little disappointing that we're being outlived by the women's pool with their 87 but hey who's counting, right? RIGHT?!

Sorry for that... Lets get back to business... today's picks:

Haas 22: definitely this round, probably next one, goodbye after that. So yes, this is a good pick.

Seppi 11: on principle yes. The only thing that disturbs me here is that he hasn't posted strong results in a while; but still, it should suffice to get past Devvarman.

Granollers 1: I'm getting more nervous with each pick. Frankly, I have a bad feeling about this one.

F. Mayer 3: plays Donald Young and Murray after that. Wise choice.

Youzhny 1: suffering from a bad draw, Dolgopolov might pose trouble. It's a risky pick if Alexandr plays like he can. Should he get through, it doesn't get easier as he faces Haas.

Donskoy 1: only because he's less unknown than his opponent doesn't make him a good choice.

Nieminen 1: *shakes head*, just because it's Jarkko I'll say he gets through, but there were better choices.

Istomin 3: another 50-50 match.

Bogomolov 1: like Nieminen, I favor him... if ever so slightly.

Wawrinka 1: one of the less obvious choices. Stan hasn't done much in the last few months, while Karlovic has had a resurgence. Still, Ivo tends to underperform at slams and Stan has too much game to not find a way around his opponent in a 5 setter. I think he still makes the cut.

Anderson 6: one of the better options out there today. Baghs is a shadow of his former self. Then it'd be Anderson-Wawrinka which I'd avoid and then Berdych.

On the other hand I believe [as it was proven] that thinking that a former experienced finalist like Baghdatis is going to lose just because he is not playing very well this year is....well...not very wise...

Good luck all with remaining picks..!!!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

We lost 1 Bogomolov, 1 Nieminen and 6 with Anderson.

Officially, 43 on to day 6.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

LOL, the one time Drop Shot agrees with my pick, Baghdatis decides to show up and play like it was 2006. The positive thing is, I like his game and was so fun to watch. Trust him to go back to being his 2013 self for the next one against Wawrinka.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213