Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2013 US Open YCWJ: Scoreboard and Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    I'd like to know what you guys think of the new scoreboard/pick tracker format. Is it better, worse, about the same? It's probably something I'll stick with no matter what, as it saves a lot of time, but I'd still like feedback.
    Excellent, very easy to find my score at the bottom
    World Series or Bust!

After the third round, the number of picks remaining has dwindled considerably. Charlie02123 is the only one with 4 still in.

Charlie leads by 5 points with 45. He was the only one to post a double-digit round total. tenedab is second this time with 40, but with only 2 picks remaining as opposed to 6 after the second round.

Waylandboy-tw has climbed into third with 37.

Even those who aren't near the top could still make a run, but windows for that will be closing soon.

Scoreboard

Pick Tracker
    Go Pack Go!

After the round of 16, there are only 5 contestants still in the running for the medal. Of those, only two have more than a minuscule chance to win the contest .

Charlie02123 is the leader of the pack, and he has once again lengthened his lead, this time to 8 points with 49. He probably has he best chance to win, as he simply needs there to be no wooden spoon winners or for Eleni Daniilidou to be a wooden spoon winner, and he will take home the championship.

sluggo-13 is still in with a shout, as one of only two contestants with more than one pick remaining (the other one deserves no mentioning). He posted the highest fourth round score with 6, but he is still 13 points behind Charlie.

Omegadoom, munchin, and MediaGrrl have their hopes tied to Kenny de Schepper (represented by Richard Gasquet in the quarterfinals), Estrella Cabeza Candela (represented by Li Na in the semifinals), and Chanelle Simmonds (represented by Roberta Vinci in the quarterfinals), respectively. Even with a successful wooden spoon winner, each would need some help to win.

waylandboy-tw and tenedab are second and third in the current standings, but neither has a chance to win. The former shares his only remaining pick with Charlie, while the latter has no picks remaining.

Scoreboard

Pick Tracker
    Go Pack Go!

Since Gasquet didn't lose Omega's chances are gone.

My last pick is out. I'd have this darn thing wrapped up if it weren't for the bonus points for a Wooden Spoon pick!

Pennetta, Li, and Murray are the current picks. That means if Serena or Azarenka is the RU, I'm boned, so they can't meet in the final. I need a big upset to happen! Murray losing to Wawrinka is a bit far-fetched, but possible.

Only seven contestants have a pick remaining after the quarterfinals. Four of the eight semifinalists are represented in the picks, but only three are relevant (the fourth is held by only gracie, who has no shot at winning at this point). As scores are essentially meaningless at this point, let's just get on to the scenarios in which each of the four remaining contestants in contention will win the medal:

Munchin needs Serena to lose in the women's final and Djokovic not to lose in the men's final.

MediaGrrl needs Azarenka to lose in the women's final and Djokovic not to lose in the men's final.

Sluggo-13 needs Djokovic to lose in the men's final.

As he remarked, Charlie02123 needs to have neither Azarenka or Serena lose in the women's final and Djokovic not to lose in the men's final.

The other contestants still who could still end up picking a wooden spoon winner are mysterX, ptmcmahon, and Togtdyalttai.

Scoreboard

Pick Tracker
    Last edited by Togtdyalttai; 09-05-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    Go Pack Go!

If it turns out to be a Serena/Vika final, then Sluggo is guaranteed to have the Women's Wooden Spoon winner, in addition to having a decent shot at winning on the Men's side. Has anyone ever had both Wooden Spoon winners before?

Quote Originally Posted by mysterX View Post
    If it turns out to be a Serena/Vika final, then Sluggo is guaranteed to have the Women's Wooden Spoon winner, in addition to having a decent shot at winning on the Men's side. Has anyone ever had both Wooden Spoon winners before?
    I'm pretty sure it's never happened as long as I've been running this contest.
    Go Pack Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    As he remarked, Charlie02123 needs to have neither Azarenka or Serena lose in the women's final and Djokovic not to lose in the men's final.
    This sounds really doom and gloom. Still, all I really need is Djokovic to win the mens title, and I think he will, and either Li or Pennetta to pull off the upset. I think both have a reasonable shot. Li always plays Serena close and has been totally on fire and also showing variety. Azarenka hasn't been on fire, got the bum deal with her 4th round match a day later than everyone else, and Pennetta's been playing out of her mind.

THERE'S STILL HOPE!

I frequently end up a bridesmaid in this contest. Baby wants a medal.

Sorry Charlie.
    Go Pack Go!

RIGGED! IT'S ALL RIGGED!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    RIGGED! IT'S ALL RIGGED!!!!!!
    No...you're just pulling a Costanza. Apt for NY.

After the Semifinals, Charlie02123, leader for almost the whole contest, has been eliminated from medal contention. That leaves three contenders. Here are the scenarios for each to win:

Munchin needs wins by Azarenka and Djokovic.

MediaGrrl needs wins by Serena and Djokovic.

Sluggo-13 needs a win by Nadal.

Scoreboard

Pick Tracker

Good luck all!
    Go Pack Go!

Good luck everyone. May the best loser win!

Whoa what? This is the first time I've done anywhere near respectably in this thing. I hope I lose, though, since I'm rooting for Serena and Nadal.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Congratulations sluggo-13 on your second YCWJ win in a row! Here are the final scoreboard and pick tracker. A wrap-up will be posted shortly in a separate thread.

Scoreboard

Pick Tracker
    Go Pack Go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12