Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NFL Thread

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

2013 NFL Thread

Well, I've tried rooting against them for a couple years now, but regardless of how crappy that play in the post-season, when they even get to the post-season, Jerry Jones refuses to sell the Cowboys.

So I'm gonna try something different this season:

Romo's my guy!

Re: 2013 NFL Thread

LOL, Kirkus.

On a tangential note, I was reading an old picture book (1983 or thereabouts) by Karla Kuskin yesterday, titled The Philharmonic Gets Dressed, and one of the books listed on the back cover was The Dallas Titans Get Ready for Bed.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Well, I've tried rooting against them for a couple years now, but regardless of how crappy that play in the post-season, when they even get to the post-season, Jerry Jones refuses to sell the Cowboys.

So I'm gonna try something different this season:

Romo's my guy!

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I know we had the earlier parts of the story posted elsewhere, but since we've got a football thread going - Hernandez has (finally) been formally charged with 1st Degree Murder:

Ex-Patriot Aaron Hernandez indicted on murder charge

FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) - August 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Massachusetts grand jury has indicted former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez on a first-degree murder charge in the death of a man whose bullet-riddled body was found in an industrial park near his home.

The grand jury returned the indictment Thursday. It charges Hernandez with the killing of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend.

Hernandez pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges in June. His lawyers say the case against him is circumstantial and they're confident he will clear his name. He's being held in jail without bail.

MORE: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...rld&id=9215382
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Rolling Stone actually making an attempt at being journalistically relevant again, with an investigative report on Aaron Hernandez's past.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...story-20130827

Among the reveals - he was a heavy angel dust user, surrounded himself with thugs, and his college coach, the legendary Urban Meyer, may have helped cover up failed drug tests, along with two violent incidents — an assault and a drive-by shootout outside a local bar.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Rolling Stone actually making an attempt at being journalistically relevant again, with an investigative report on Aaron Hernandez's past.

Among the reveals - he was a heavy angel dust user, surrounded himself with thugs, and his college coach, the legendary Urban Meyer, may have helped cover up failed drug tests, along with two violent incidents — an assault and a drive-by shootout outside a local bar.
    I think I saw a report about a week ago saying that Hernandez is being looked at for another murder.

I think I saw a report about a week ago saying that Hernandez is being looked at for another murder.
    They've been trying to turn up evidence on him for weeks on a double homicide. They're still looking in the last report I heard, but don't think they've come up with much on that case yet.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    They've been trying to turn up evidence on him for weeks on a double homicide. They're still looking in the last report I heard, but don't think they've come up with much on that case yet.
    That's right. It was a double homicide.

(CBS) SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- Police have uncovered a gun they say was used in 2012 Boston double murder, a crime they say could be linked to former Patriots star Aaron Hernandez, CBS Springfield reports. Hernandez, of Bristol, Conn., is being held without bail after being charged with first-degree murder in connection with the June death of his friend, Boston semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...r-report-says/

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post

The cover of the issue is "Dylan The Lost Years" and the photo looks almost exactly the same as the controversial Boston bomber cover.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Football starts tonight!!!

Football starts tonight!!!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

It's a big night: Ravens/Broncos, Djokovic/Youzhny, and a Big Brother double-eviction.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Hi. My name is Danny Trevathan and I'm an idiot.

Hi. My name is Danny Trevathan and I'm an idiot.
    But at least I play for a team that's good enough for it not to matter.
    Go Pack Go!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast