Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: AMitS: injured player replacement thread

Quote Originally Posted by Oploskoffie
    Replacements have been entered into my Excel sheet

However... There are still well over ten people who have yet to name a replacement for Justine!! Yipes!! ;D
    I'll make a replacement. Just want to see the Sydney draw before I commit. I don't think any event starts before Sunday Australia time, and the Sydney draw comes out on Saturday.

Clijsters for Henin
    Ginepri for Tipsavaric
    Hanging on to Hewi
    I am a citizen of the most beautiful nation on earth. A nation whose laws are harsh yet simple, a nation that never cheats, which is immense and without borders, where life is lived in the present. In this limitless nation, this nation of wind, light, and peace, there is no other ruler besides the sea.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Ok. I don't want to miss any deadlines, so I'll go ahead and make my replacement for Henin:

Miss (until summer) Kim Clijsters please!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Mr. Koffie, I have to replace two players... One male, one female, but in different categories.

Can I replace the female player with a male player in the same category, as long as I replace the male player in a lower category with a female player in the same category?

Dry
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy
    Mr. Koffie, I have to replace two players... One male, one female, but in different categories.

Can I replace the female player with a male player in the same category, as long as I replace the male player in a lower category with a female player in the same category?

Dry
    You bring up a good point, and one I should've entered into the rules more specific than I have. The idea is to replace whoever is injured with someone of both the same gender and category. You then, theoretically anyway, get replacements that are of equal strength based on the rankings. I have to deny your request based on the fact that other contestants who have only one injured player would miss the strategic opportunity to switch a gender location in their team which might deny them an advantage of sorts.

No paddles now, please :-/
    Coach Marion, at your service!

*Instant_coffee replaces Justine with Martina Hingis

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oploskoffie
    [quote author=dryrunguy link=1167742143/30#33 date=1168040441]Mr. Koffie, I have to replace two players... One male, one female, but in different categories.

Dry
    You bring up a good point, and one I should've entered into the rules more specific than I have. The idea is to replace whoever is injured with someone of both the same gender and category. You then, theoretically anyway, get replacements that are of equal strength based on the rankings. I have to deny your request based on the fact that other contestants who have only one injured player would miss the strategic opportunity to switch a gender location in their team which might deny them an advantage of sorts.

No paddles now, please :-/[/quote]

That's why I asked! Not a problem! Thanks for the clarification!

Dry
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

The following people have yet to replace Justine Henin:

jsd123789456
    dryrunguy

3mlm
    Martin4me
    jadesa

Lleyton Hewitt - calf injury

Two people have yet to decide what they want to do with Lleyton:

Kirkus
    Jadesa

You can post your replacement in this thread. You have just two days left before next week's tournaments start, so make sure to make your choice known before then.

Anybody who's late this week still has the chance to replace Justine (or any other injured/ill player for that matter) next week, but he/she will not start earning points untill the Oz Open.

OK, I'm dumping Hewitt for Berdych. (And at this point, damned if I'd be able to name my OWN team as it stands right now. :'()
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I'll take Murray to replace Hewitt I guess. Grazie.

Well I've been aware that I need to pick a new player, but I wanted to wait until next week's draws are out. I am heavily leaning towards Kim Clijsters, but I'm still debating. If I ask to replace Justine with Kim, can I change my mind before next weeks tournaments start? If that is okay, I would like to do that. I should know for sure as soon as the draws come out, though, so it won't be a long wait.

I'd like to make the following replacements:

Mauresmo for Henin
    Berdych for Hewitt

I'm replacing Justine with Clijsters
    I'm also not taking any chances on Lleyton, so he's out of my team and replaced by Gasquet

@Charlie: no problemo. Just be sure to make any replacements a.s.a.p. You can still do so next week as well, but then your replacement only earns points during the Oz Open and not next week's tournaments.

Done! I just heard from the ESPN board that Kim beat Sharapova 6-3 7-6. This renews my faith in the Belgian, so I will use her to replace the other Belgian.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123
    Done! I just heard from the ESPN board that Kim beat Sharapova 6-3 7-6. This renews my faith in the Belgian, so I will use her to replace the other Belgian.
    Mr. Koffie,

I am very well aware that I said for you to replace JHH with Mauresmo. But can I seriously use Clijsters instead??
    ADAM Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast