Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hello everybody!

This post is a LOOOONG way overdue, seeing as I joined TAT in May of 2012. My name is Aaron. I live in Oklahoma City and am studying to be an archivist through the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's online-only program. I am married with one son, who is about a year and a half old.

I first played tennis only two years ago after being introduced to the sport by my niece and nephew (my niece, by the way, just was part of a team that won the U14 Arkansas state title in USTA Junior Team Tennis!!). I have completely fallen in love with the sport, both playing and following the ATP World Tour. I particularly enjoy playing fantasy tennis. I am playing at a 3.0 level right now and am taking lessons from the women's tennis coach at the University of Central Oklahoma. I play in leagues and tournaments as my schedule allows, and I'm really excited to maybe play in a USTA League team next season!

I don't really have much historical perspective on the game as far as favorite players go (I'm working on that!), but I do seem drawn to those players who fearlessly attacked the net (hence my screen name!) This is mostly due to my impatient personality. I recently started helping the TAT staff with the fantasy contests (I'm currently working with munchin on THRNY), and I look forward to being an active member of the TAT community for the foreseeable future. It's truly a pleasure to be surrounded by so many people who love this great sport, and I look forward to meeting some of you in person!

Sincerely,
    Aaron
    Boris Becker, youngest ever champion at Wimbledon in 1985 (17 years, 227 days) and great Attacker of the Net

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Hello everybody!

Nice, Aaron!

Thanks Aaron

Nice!! Welcome, Aaron. Thanks for your help, too.

Blog Entries

Thanks for letting us get to know you better.
    "A friend knows how to allow for mere quantity in your talk, and will only reply to the quality." William Dean Howells

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

When these types of threads pop up, I usually have to do research to see if they're spammers. LOL! Not in this case!

Welcome, Aaron!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Welcome to TAT, Aaron. We're glad to have you join us.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Glad you are having fun with us on TAT
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    When these types of threads pop up, I usually have to do research to see if they're spammers. LOL! Not in this case!

Welcome, Aaron!
    sad but true - that was my first thought when I saw the thread Non-Tennis RPB list

Welcome Aaron!
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Welcome, Aaron! Nice post
    aah, THRNY. Fond memories there.

Official welcome to Aaron! You've been a nice addition to the forum.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!
    Boris Becker, youngest ever champion at Wimbledon in 1985 (17 years, 227 days) and great Attacker of the Net

Hello mate, I am also a newbie. But i can't post a new thread. !!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mahmudd29 View Post
    Hello mate, I am also a newbie. But i can't post a new thread. !!
    Welcome, mahmudd! Hope you enjoy it here. I believe TAT is set up in such a way that one has to make a certain number of posts before they are permitted to start new threads. The reasons are twofold. First, it helps us weed out spammers. Second, it gives new users some time to get acclimated to the forum structure and get a sense for what threads already exist so they do not accidentally start duplicate threads.

If you haven't yet done so, please read the forum rules at: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...77-Forum-Rules. Also, please see our new rules related to content/photo copyright compliance: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...m-rule-changes

And again, welcome!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP