Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 99 of 99
  1. #91

    Re: THRNY 2013 - Lounge

    Doesn't anyone like to be surprised anymore?

    I think it might still be up for grabs, but I did haphazardly quick calculations, so don't take this as gospel, either.

    If Melzer beats Monfils in the final, oploskoffie could snag the overall gold.
    If Monfils beats either Querrey or Melzer, Miles could win overall gold.
    If Querrey beats Monfils, waylandboy could win overall gold.
    Last edited by munchin; 08-23-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

    "If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

  2. #92
    Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

    ptmcmahon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    15,606

    Re: THRNY 2013 - Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    Doesn't anyone like to be surprised anymore?
    I do when I'm not in contention

  3. #93

    Re: THRNY 2013 - Lounge

    double post
    Last edited by skatingfan; 08-23-2013 at 08:07 PM.

  4. #94

    Re: THRNY 2013 - Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    Doesn't anyone like to be surprised anymore?

    I think it might still be up for grabs, but I did haphazardly quick calculations, so don't take this as gospel, either.

    If Melzer beats Monfils in the final, oploskoffie could snag the overall gold.
    If Monfils beats either Querrey or Melzer, Miles could win overall gold.
    If Querrey beats Monfils, waylandboy could win overall gold.
    Maybe these threads could come with a 'Spoilers Alert' like the television threads. I hate surprises - though finding myself in the lead after Cinncinati was a surprise so I had to know if I could hang onto a medal - waiting is not my thing and knowing makes me feel more in control - though obviously that is largely a myth of own making. Knowing what the possibilities are help me know who to cheer for - makes it more fun or frustrating for me.

    Based on scores AttackTheNet posted yesterday I believe that these are the standings.

    Miles - 741
    oploskoffie - 736
    tenedab - 732
    AttackTheNet - 728

    tenedab is out of players and the rest of Monfils left - no one has Melzer so the only result in question is whether tenedab or AttackTheNet get bronze.

  5. #95
    Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

    ptmcmahon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    15,606

    Re: THRNY 2013 - Lounge

    Overall this would've been a good tournament to go against the grain - if someone had hit on most of the right picks they would've run away with it.

  6. #96

    Re: THRNY 2013 - Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Maybe these threads could come with a 'Spoilers Alert' like the television threads. I hate surprises - though finding myself in the lead after Cinncinati was a surprise so I had to know if I could hang onto a medal - waiting is not my thing and knowing makes me feel more in control - though obviously that is largely a myth of own making. Knowing what the possibilities are help me know who to cheer for - makes it more fun or frustrating for me.

    Based on scores AttackTheNet posted yesterday I believe that these are the standings.

    Miles - 741
    oploskoffie - 736
    tenedab - 732
    AttackTheNet - 728

    tenedab is out of players and the rest of Monfils left - no one has Melzer so the only result in question is whether tenedab or AttackTheNet get bronze.
    Yes, our numbers don't match but the overall rankings do. I figured out what was missing from mine (Berankis's points). Though I still have Omegadoom still in contention on mine...maybe I'll just stop projecting.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

    "If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

  7. #97

    Re: THRNY 2013 - Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    Yes, our numbers don't match but the overall rankings do. I figured out what was missing from mine (Berankis's points). Though I still have Omegadoom still in contention on mine...maybe I'll just stop projecting.
    Don't worry about it Munchin - I could be wrong.

  8. #98
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,444
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: THRNY 2013 - Lounge

    Now Dodig decides to win a match.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  9. #99

    Re: THRNY 2013 - Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Now Dodig decides to win a match.
    Tell me about it!
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •