Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Re: THRNY 2013 - Lounge

Doesn't anyone like to be surprised anymore?

I think it might still be up for grabs, but I did haphazardly quick calculations, so don't take this as gospel, either.

If Melzer beats Monfils in the final, oploskoffie could snag the overall gold.
    If Monfils beats either Querrey or Melzer, Miles could win overall gold.
    If Querrey beats Monfils, waylandboy could win overall gold.
    Last edited by munchin; 08-23-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    I do when I'm not in contention

double post
    Last edited by skatingfan; 08-23-2013 at 08:07 PM.

I think it might still be up for grabs, but I did haphazardly quick calculations, so don't take this as gospel, either.

If Melzer beats Monfils in the final, oploskoffie could snag the overall gold.
    If Monfils beats either Querrey or Melzer, Miles could win overall gold.
    If Querrey beats Monfils, waylandboy could win overall gold.
    Maybe these threads could come with a 'Spoilers Alert' like the television threads. I hate surprises - though finding myself in the lead after Cinncinati was a surprise so I had to know if I could hang onto a medal - waiting is not my thing and knowing makes me feel more in control - though obviously that is largely a myth of own making. Knowing what the possibilities are help me know who to cheer for - makes it more fun or frustrating for me.

Based on scores AttackTheNet posted yesterday I believe that these are the standings.

Miles - 741
    oploskoffie - 736
    tenedab - 732
    AttackTheNet - 728

tenedab is out of players and the rest of Monfils left - no one has Melzer so the only result in question is whether tenedab or AttackTheNet get bronze.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Overall this would've been a good tournament to go against the grain - if someone had hit on most of the right picks they would've run away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Maybe these threads could come with a 'Spoilers Alert' like the television threads. I hate surprises - though finding myself in the lead after Cinncinati was a surprise so I had to know if I could hang onto a medal - waiting is not my thing and knowing makes me feel more in control - though obviously that is largely a myth of own making. Knowing what the possibilities are help me know who to cheer for - makes it more fun or frustrating for me.

Based on scores AttackTheNet posted yesterday I believe that these are the standings.

Miles - 741
    oploskoffie - 736
    tenedab - 732
    AttackTheNet - 728

tenedab is out of players and the rest of Monfils left - no one has Melzer so the only result in question is whether tenedab or AttackTheNet get bronze.
    Yes, our numbers don't match but the overall rankings do. I figured out what was missing from mine (Berankis's points). Though I still have Omegadoom still in contention on mine...maybe I'll just stop projecting.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Yes, our numbers don't match but the overall rankings do. I figured out what was missing from mine (Berankis's points). Though I still have Omegadoom still in contention on mine...maybe I'll just stop projecting.
    Don't worry about it Munchin - I could be wrong.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Now Dodig decides to win a match.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Now Dodig decides to win a match.
    Tell me about it!
    Meet again we do, old foe...