Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: UPDATED Ladies' Picks and Results Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    Now that all of the remaining players have made their semi-final picks, these are the situations:

If Flipkens wins her match, we have the largest number of chances of someone beating the draw. Mr_socko then beats the draw if Lisicki wins the final. Five would beat the draw if Radwanska wins the final (rickyM63, oploskoffie, mmmm8, Soulcandy93, and luvs10s).

If Bartoli wins her match, Philly10 beats the draw if Radwanska wins the final.

No one can beat the draw if either Bartoli or Flipkens wins the tournament.

No one can beat the draw if Bartoli and Lisicki both win their semi-finals.

I believe the SP will be won by one of those mentioned above. No matter who wins the Bartoli/Flipkens match, there will be at least one player in the position to make a pick for the finals. For instance, if Bartoli wins her semi, we have a winner (Philly10).
    SP players not mentioned above have made their last pick.

GH
    Now that Bartoli has won the first semi, if Lisicki wins her match, won't the Lisicki pickers and the Bartoli picker win medals because no one has a pick left for the final?
    Last edited by Irena2; 07-04-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted!

Irena 2, That is of course what happened, and I think you are exactly right. Those are the people who made it through the semis, but then had no pick left for the finals. I was wrong above when I suggested that no one had a chance to "win" other than those with a likely pick for the finals. I forgot to analyze (for SP's sake), how everyone would stand with this outcome. While I mentioned that no one could beat the draw with this outcome, I forgot that we would then have others coming into play since another group would make it through and then have no pick. The moderators need to confirm this, but I really think you are right. GH

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    Irena 2, That is of course what happened, and I think you are exactly right. Those are the people who made it through the semis, but then had no pick left for the finals. I was wrong above when I suggested that no one had a chance to "win" other than those with a likely pick for the finals. I forgot to analyze (for SP's sake), how everyone would stand with this outcome. While I mentioned that no one could beat the draw with this outcome, I forgot that we would then have others coming into play since another group would make it through and then have no pick. The moderators need to confirm this, but I really think you are right. GH
    Thanks, Glenn! Got my fingers crossed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234