PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 134
Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay - Page 2
Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    Here are some photos circa 1946 showing the courts, clubhouse, and typical Saturday morning in a cottage community of about 70 homes.

    img374.jpg

  2. #17

  3. #18
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    51,155

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    How cool! I like the guy with the sideways cap

    Thanks for posting


  4. #19

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    How cool! I like the guy with the sideways cap

    Thanks for posting
    I like the girl holding his two fuzzy balls with a devilish grin. Bo)

  5. #20

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    Cool! Welcome!

  6. #21

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Another Canadian - the invasion continues - and lefty to boot - great to have you here Guillermo Grayclay.
    Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    A fellow lefty! Welcome aboard!
    I'll incude Kirkus, since he's using a left-handed wave. Bo)

    "In his column for The Independent, Nick Bollettieri...finds she [Robson] has another weapon in her arsenal. “The main one is something she has been blessed with. She is a leftie. For me – and, hey, in this case I really don’t care what others say – a gifted leftie has it over a gifted rightie. They think differently, their hands are like magicians and they create shots that are far different. Look at some of the shots a guy like Marcello Rios used to come up with."
    http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/...159512200.html

  7. #22

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    How cool! I like the guy with the sideways cap

    Thanks for posting
    Hey mmmm8 - I had a chance to revisit the clay courts this summer for the first time in over 25 years. They aren't nearly as busy as they used to be. The dress code isn't up to snuff anymore either. LoL!

    Here's an updated pic:
    The Beaten and Dejected.jpg

  8. #23

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillermo Grayclay View Post
    Hey mmmm8 - I had a chance to revisit the clay courts this summer for the first time in over 25 years. They aren't nearly as busy as they used to be. The dress code isn't up to snuff anymore either. LoL!

    Here's an updated pic:
    The Beaten and Dejected.jpg
    Nothing wrong with that attire. What's more, I have it on good authority that the subject of the photo, the so-called "beaten and dejected", had actually completed a 42 km bicycle trek up and down the Gatineau Valley hills immediately before taking to the clay. No shame in that
    TIHBS TIHBW

    Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

  9. #24
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    51,155

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillermo Grayclay View Post
    Hey mmmm8 - I had a chance to revisit the clay courts this summer for the first time in over 25 years. They aren't nearly as busy as they used to be. The dress code isn't up to snuff anymore either. LoL!

    Here's an updated pic:
    The Beaten and Dejected.jpg

    Just a sign of the degradation in our society.

    (KIDDING!!)


  10. #25

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterSkan View Post
    Nothing wrong with that attire. What's more, I have it on good authority that the subject of the photo, the so-called "beaten and dejected", had actually completed a 42 km bicycle trek up and down the Gatineau Valley hills immediately before taking to the clay. No shame in that
    I wondered if the name of the photo would also be tagged. LOL!

    Yes - that is PeterSkan trudging up the hill. And yes, indeed he did have a morning bike ride, and we played almost 3 hours (without water LoL) in 35 degree heat. We have black flies too.

  11. #26

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    A fellow lefty! Welcome aboard!
    yay for lefties!
    I, too, am a proud lefty, guillermo grayclay!

    And Canadians are pretty awesome in my book. Y'all are some of my favourite people

  12. #27

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    yay for lefties!
    I, too, am a proud lefty, guillermo grayclay!

    And Canadians are pretty awesome in my book. Y'all are some of my favourite people
    Yeah, we have some good ones up here. But we have some a-holes too...like our Prime Minister.

  13. #28

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    Hello everybody

  14. #29
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,445
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Welcome, Guillermo Grayclay

    Quote Originally Posted by abirbhat1 View Post
    Hello everybody
    Welcome! Make yourself at home!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •