Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Green Acres 2013: Strawberry Lounge

And he just lost the 1st set to Darcis.
    Boris Becker, youngest ever champion at Wimbledon in 1985 (17 years, 227 days) and great Attacker of the Net

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yet another early exit that will have a tremendous impact on how this contest will unfold. Amazing.

I haven't checked yet to see how many teams added Nadal, but I bet it was quite a few.
    Boris Becker, youngest ever champion at Wimbledon in 1985 (17 years, 227 days) and great Attacker of the Net

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AttackTheNet View Post
    I haven't checked yet to see how many teams added Nadal, but I bet it was quite a few.
    I was tempted to keep Murray instead of Nadal, but I ultimately traded in Nadal because so many teams had him. I needed to keep my team fairly similar to others.

I haven't logged the trades yet. But this is good news for at least ptmcmahon, not sure who else.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Once again, trades for this contest are turning into a huge jinx (glad I didn't trade for him.)

6 people added Rafa. 5 people got rid of Federer and none added (and two people did a direct Federer for Nadal move.) Anyone who "held onto" Federer from the start is probably a lot happier today.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 06-24-2013 at 10:22 AM.

I count 7 of the 21 teams have Nadal. But only 2 teams in the top 10 scores have him, as opposed to all of top 10 teams have Djokovic.
    On to the grass court season, Wimbledon, and expected riches to be found in Green Acres

Quote Originally Posted by waylandboy-tw View Post
    I count 7 of the 21 teams have Nadal. But only 2 teams in the top 10 scores have him, as opposed to all of top 10 teams have Djokovic.
    Okay, so the Nadal loss shouldn't have too much of an impact on the contest.

Serena is on 18 of the 21 teams, and all of the top 10 scores.
    On to the grass court season, Wimbledon, and expected riches to be found in Green Acres

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Nadal was more of a move to catch up for some people trailing then as it turns out?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

The draw gods were not nice to me at all when they put all of my B-E guys in the top quarter. ALL of them. Then I had to trade Djokovic in, also in the top quarter, and Dimitrov from Q2. Nadal was my only guy in the bottom half.

In essence, I'm screwed. Unless Jamie Hampton wins Wimbledon. LOL!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Nadal was more of a move to catch up for some people trailing then as it turns out?
    But if you're coming from behind, having players everyone above you has doesn't do you any good. You have to get creative, which usually doesn't work either. But that's only way to play the math and the points at this point in the contest.

How many Federers and Murrays?
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    But if you're coming from behind, having players everyone above you has doesn't do you any good. You have to get creative, which usually doesn't work either. But that's only way to play the math and the points at this point in the contest.
    Yeah and only 2 of top 10 have Nadal...so he was the hail mary

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    How many Federers and Murrays?
    4 Federers, 2 of which are in the top 5 including our leader.

12 Murrays, 5 in the top 10.

The full A category breakdown is:

18- Serena
    16- Djokovic
    12- Murray
    7- Nadal
    4- Federer
    2- Vika
    1- Sharapova
    1- ARad
    1- Ferrer
    1- Berdych

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast