Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Reminder - French Open Begins Sunday, May 26

Just a friendly reminder for our players. The French beings on Sunday May 26, and we require a selection be made from the Sunday matches - thus, for the French, you will make 3 first round picks for both the men's and the ladies' games.

We will not be able to post/open Day 1 and Day 2 picks until the release of an official order of play, due to how they divide up first round matches. We will try to open threads as soon as practical, but we are at the mercy of the French organizers, and the official French Open site.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Re: Reminder - French Open Begins Sunday, May 26

Yes, and thanks to the French Open for making the first round last 3 days, it is very difficult for "some" of us (meaning me) to get all the way through the first round before crashing and burning. GH

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    Yes, and thanks to the French Open for making the first round last 3 days, it is very difficult for "some" of us (meaning me) to get all the way through the first round before crashing and burning. GH

That's why the French is the most difficult of the 4 to win, I think. The AO is also tough, because it separates quarterfinals.

It will be interesting to see if the USO's new deal will force its hand to make the men's 1st round only last two days instead of three. That extra day of men's 1st round play again adds to the level of difficulty.

Overall, Wimbledon is the easiest SP to win. The halves of the draw combine at the 4th round, which is sooner than any of the other Slams (and sooner than IW and Miami).
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Yup, Wimby is super easy to win. I even have the medal count to show.....oh wait, nevermind.
    To a tennis player, love means nothing.

What an amazing draw for Roger!!! If it is a Federer-Djokovic final that is going to be a pure tossup.

awwww, rats, I missed the deadline to enter the pool. Not that I've provided much competition in the past, but fun nevertheless.

Looking forward to Wozniacki v. Robson today and as always, cheering for Bartoli to stick it to/charm the home crowd. Mad as a balloon, that one.