Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

2013 TSIP: Ask Questions here

If you have any questions leading up to, or during, the contest, ask them here for the promptest possible response!

You might also check this thread for possible answers to your questions that others may have already asked.

Re: 2013 TSIP: Ask Questions here

Hi. Please, correct the tournament section. There is no round 3 in 250s and there is no round 4 in Barselona, Monte Carlo, Madrid and Rome.

Before the game begins, should we be editing our original team post or posting a brand new team with the changes? I've been editing my original post, but I see other people have made new posts with their changes. Which method do the organizers prefer? Thanks!
    Boris Becker, youngest ever champion at Wimbledon in 1985 (17 years, 227 days) and great Attacker of the Net

Quote Originally Posted by AttackTheNet View Post
    Before the game begins, should we be editing our original team post or posting a brand new team with the changes? I've been editing my original post, but I see other people have made new posts with their changes. Which method do the organizers prefer? Thanks!
    Please edit your original team if at all possible. This isn't like the SP where hundreds of people are making picks each day so the staff is starting to enter stuff early. No one on the staff will be logging teams in spreadsheets for this contest until the thread is locked.

Great question though and hopefully this will help others too.

Quote Originally Posted by waylandboy-tw View Post
    Please edit your original team if at all possible. This isn't like the SP where hundreds of people are making picks each day so the staff is starting to enter stuff early. No one on the staff will be logging teams in spreadsheets for this contest until the thread is locked.

Great question though and hopefully this will help others too.
    Thanks, waylandboy! I'll keep editing my original post up until the start of play in Casablanca and Houston.
    Boris Becker, youngest ever champion at Wimbledon in 1985 (17 years, 227 days) and great Attacker of the Net

What time on Monday do our original teams have to be finalized?

I also had a question about scoring. The points table says 1 point for making it to the round of 32 and 5 for making the round of 16 in Casablanca and Houston. So have the top 4 seeds already scored 6 points each? Am I reading that right?

What time on Monday do our original teams have to be finalized?
    Before play begins in Casablanca.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

I also had a question about scoring. The points table says 1 point for making it to the round of 32 and 5 for making the round of 16 in Casablanca and Houston. So have the top 4 seeds already scored 6 points each? Am I reading that right?
    5 points for making that round.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    5 points for making that round.
    Okay, so points are not cumulative. Got it. Thanks, patrick!

Are our scores updated only at the conclusion of the week's tournament(s)?

Yes
    Meet again we do, old foe...

hi guys! i've never played this particular tournament before, but now that i've figured out what to do i'm up for playing the next one. Will there be a TSIWimbledon?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_socko View Post
    hi guys! i've never played this particular tournament before, but now that i've figured out what to do i'm up for playing the next one. Will there be a TSIWimbledon?
    Yes, Green Acres teams will be due at the start of the first grass court tournament, immediately following the French Open. It covers all the grass court tournaments through Wimbledon, and typically Newport which is the week afterwards. Stay tuned for more details.
    On to the grass court season, Wimbledon, and expected riches to be found in Green Acres