Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Re: AO '13 Day 9 OoP & Discussion

ALL that Da-VEED accomplished is taking away the .00005% chance that Almagro could have taken Novak out (Ferrer= negative one billion chance), and really, REALLY! ensuring, in case anyone was wondering, that Novak will win the Aussie Open.

AND with Serena's ankle probably now being wonky, it'll be Who Cares vs. Who Cares in the women's final.

I'll try again in 2014. I'm done with tennis for this year.

Last edited by nelslus; 01-21-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
    Did Serena hurt her ankle in this mess match too?
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    Omg!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I don't know. This didn't feel to me like what happened to Acasuso a few years ago at Davis Cup. It sucks. But I'm not sure Nico ever really thought he would win, so perhaps he'll be less damaged by it?
    I thought of Acasuso too.

We'll see.

My best wishes to Almagro to overcome this.

But, the dude still scares the crap out of me.

Almagro has been in the shadows for many years of great spanish players; he doesn't know what the sunshine feels like....and guess he won't today either. Still in the pool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
    Omg!
    It's tough to know how bad it is. Clearly, Serena limped some here and there, and played inhibited tennis- perhaps hoping 55% tennis would be good enough to win this match- and it almost was. We'll have to see.

Regardless, it just ain't as much fun for me to "root" for Serena (who I'm meh about) to feel good enough to take out the I-Can't-Stand-Them Vika and/or Maria. Especially knowing that the best V can do for the rest of her career is fight it out to stay in the USA Top 5.

HORRIBLE! tennis day. (OH, and btw, Na Li/Li Na's win was SO!!!! boring- it sucked watching Aggie yet again Big Match underwhelm.)

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

ALL that Da-VEED accomplished is taking away the .00005% chance that Almagro could have taken Novak out (Ferrer= negative one billion chance), and really, REALLY! ensuring, in case anyone was wondering, that Novak will win the Aussie Open.

AND with Serena's ankle probably now being wonky, it'll be Who Cares vs. Who Cares in the women's final.

I'll try again in 2014. I'm done with tennis for this year.

It's tough to know how bad it is. Clearly, Serena limped some here and there, and played inhibited tennis- perhaps hoping 55% tennis would be good enough to win this match- and it almost was. We'll have to see.

Regardless, it just ain't as much fun for me to "root" for Serena (who I'm meh about) to feel good enough to take out the I-Can't-Stand-Them Vika and/or Maria. Especially knowing that the best V can do for the rest of her career is fight it out to stay in the USA Top 5.

HORRIBLE! tennis day. (OH, and btw, Na Li/Li Na's win was SO!!!! boring- it sucked watching Aggie yet again Big Match underwhelm.)
    debbiedowner.jpg

Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Lol yep I agree about Li's win...

Oh brother...this weekend had so much promise...I guess there is still hope lol

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    .....As I just posted on Facebook: ON a more positive note- at least now maybe John and I will get the chance to see Venus and Petra play in Midland, Michigan in a couple of weeks. ;-x

P.S. Makarova managed to win a game. The TRUE upset of the day.

I'm so glad I was on a plane tonight and missed the Almagro/Serena/Venus hotmess de jour.
    Tennis' version of Cousin It.

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I don't know. This didn't feel to me like what happened to Acasuso a few years ago at Davis Cup. It sucks. But I'm not sure Nico ever really thought he would win, so perhaps he'll be less damaged by it?
    This. I was hoping a win would lead Nico to believe in his own abilities. There was that match again Nadal where he blew 5 MPs and now this. I am not sure he will ever believe he can.

Director of Content
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

RESULTS
    Women's Singles - Quarterfinals
    (2) Maria Sharapova (RUS) d. (19) Ekaterina Makarova (RUS) 62 62
    (6) Li Na (CHN) d. (4) Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 75 63

Men's Singles - Quarterfinals

[1] N Djokovic (SRB) d. [5] T Berdych (CZE) 61 46 61 64
    [4] D Ferrer (ESP) d. [10] N Almagro (ESP) 46 46 75 76(4) 62

Women's Doubles - Quarterfinals

[3] M Granollers (ESP) / M Lopez (ESP) d. T Bellucci (BRA) / B Paire (FRA) 63 61
    R Haase (NED) / I Sijsling (NED) d. [11] D Marrero (ESP) / F Verdasco (ESP) 64 76(3)

Mixed Doubles - Second Round

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/....html?event=XD

Juniors' Results

http://itftennis.com/juniors/tournam...tid=1100028072

Ledends' Doubles
    Wayne Arthurs (AUS)/Pat Cash (AUS) d Goran Ivanisevic (CRO)/Cedric Pioline (FRA) 46 76(8) 10-5
    Jacco Eltingh (NED)/Paul Haarhuis (NED) d Darren Cahill (AUS)/Mats Wilander (SWE) 76(4) 62

Women's Legends' Doubles
    Lindsay Davenport (USA)/Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) d Nicole Bradtke (AUS)/Rennae Stubbs (AUS) 46 63 10-6

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678