Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: Newtown Elementary School Shooting

That page seems to be gone now
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's confirmed by CNN that the shooter's mother is dead. I'm guessing she was probably the teacher of the kindergarten class where most of the shots were fired (other than perhaps the hallway).

President Obama: "We're going to have to come together to take action to prevent tragedies like this, regardless of the politics."
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

I know a few people who live in that town and have young kids - their kids are all safe but Damn...how do you comprehend all of this?

Frankly, i'm sick of having to try to understand it so many times...

Sorry, for my little rant - but this is just ridiculous.

20 children, 6 adults, shooter and a person outside the school area but linked to the case

Total : 28

Another update from the state in about an hour
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

"Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I wish they would stop "reporting" information and then having to backtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    I wish they would stop "reporting" information and then having to backtrack.
    Agree. Now it seems they've been putting out the wrong name for the shooter.

I have to give NYC Emperor Mayor Bloomberg credit. He's taken this tack from Day 1.

NYC Mayor's Office ‏@NYCMayorsOffice
    We have heard all the rhetoric before. What we have not seen is leadership–not from the White House, not from Congress. That must end today.

CBS News ‏@CBSNews
    Adam Lanza, who sources tell @CBSNews was the shooter, was 20 years old. His brother, Ryan, is 24 and is being questioned in New Jersey
    Maybe.

This must be hard on Andy Murray. Hope the reporters leave him alone. He's made it clear he doesn't want to talk about Dunblane. But this has to bring back memories.
    "A friend knows how to allow for mere quantity in your talk, and will only reply to the quality." William Dean Howells

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    This must be hard on Andy Murray. Hope the reporters leave him alone. He's made it clear he doesn't want to talk about Dunblane. But this has to bring back memories.
    I posted this on Twitter. He's one of the people, in addition to the victims and their families, who have been in my thoughts all day.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Now I'm hearing reports that they don't know if the shooter is the dead person, or the dead person's brother whom they have in custody.

::

Why in God's name would people start publishing a complete stranger's photograph, and identifying him as the shooter, just because he has the same last name? It's becoming painfully obvious that social media is still in it's infancy (or people are morons).
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Now I'm hearing reports that they don't know if the shooter is the dead person, or the dead person's brother whom they have in custody.

Why in God's name would people start publishing a complete stranger's photograph, and identifying him as the shooter, just because he has the same last name? It's becoming painfully obvious that social media is still in it's infancy (or people are morons).
    I think it's a little bit of both Kirk. CBS put out a lot of information before pulling back after the FB account issue. As I said earlier NBC/MSNBC was often the last network to put out any information. It was CNN that first reported the name of the shooter.

Social Media has it's own news cycle and all the news outlets feel pressured to keep up with it. Something that has to be addressed under less difficult circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Yahoo! is reporting there were two gunmen, but I haven't seen this anywhere else.

http://gma.yahoo.com/breaking-conn-s...opstories.html
    The quote from the kid that said they just wanted Christmas and not to die was heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post

Indeed!
    Morons.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast