Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Congratulations to Craig Hickman!

Congrats Craig! I hope you'll be able to accomplish something positive for the citizens of your state.

By the way is being representative a full time job in Maine?
    Roger forever

Wow, congratulations! Now I wished I lived in Maine. (Or at least had a coastal cottage...)
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Congrats Craig!

If you follow your theme of "Man of the People", your constituents should be well served! Lord knows we need more politicians who know that they are to serve "We the People".

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Let morals, honesty and integrity guide you. Listen to the people, but be your own man.
    Let love, which you have aplenty, be a beacon.
    Enjoy the challenges. You know it won't be easy, but the rewards will be knowing you did your best.
    And count on every one of us, non-constituents, for advise (if we may be fortunate for you to ask for it) and support.
    We may not live in Maine. But we wish you and your state the best.
    This is beautiful.

I just may take you up on your offer of advice.

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Congrats Craig! I hope you'll be able to accomplish something positive for the citizens of your state.

By the way is being representative a full time job in Maine?
    It is a part-time job with a calendar purposely befitting a farmer. Session is from December or January through June. I couldn't have even considered serving otherwise.

Thank you all for your well wishes. The phone is already ringing off the hook and I haven't even been sworn in.

What an adventure awaits.

I'll definitely keep you posted as best I can.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craighickman View Post
    Thank you all for your well wishes. The phone is already ringing off the hook and I haven't even been sworn in.

What an adventure awaits.

I'll definitely keep you posted as best I can.
    We're all just so delighted that you will have a part in contributing to our national moral decline.

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    We're all just so delighted that you will have a part in contributing to our national moral decline.
    LOL. You're bad.

::

Overseas ballots were counted at the end of the week. We received 16 of the 19 votes cast. Only one of the 19 votes cast was from a civilian.

Quote Originally Posted by craighickman View Post
    Overseas ballots were counted at the end of the week. We received 16 of the 19 votes cast. Only one of the 19 votes cast was from a civilian.
    That's really good - I had an impression that military personell are more likely to be Republicans. As for civilians those living overseas, people tend to lose contact with local isues after many years abroud. I have a colleague at work from US (Michigan) and I asked if he is going to vote and he said yes, but only for president and senate.
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    That's really good - I had an impression that military personell are more likely to be Republicans. As for civilians those living overseas, people tend to lose contact with local isues after many years abroud. I have a colleague at work from US (Michigan) and I asked if he is going to vote and he said yes, but only for president and senate.
    One veteran who came home from Iraq not long ago told me that he used to almost always vote Republican but no more. "The GOP sends us to war," he said, "but the Democrats take care of us when we come home."

I'd like to see the able-bodied take up farming. For all sorts of reasons.

HickmanintheHouse.jpg

This was above the fold on the cover of the Kennebec Journal today.
    Last edited by craighickman; 11-14-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Media super star already! Work it sir!
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

How long how have you had your own wikipedia page?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Hickman

Someone created that page the day after the election. Was a surprise to me.

I've had to edit a bit of it.

Great picture, Craig. I love the look on your face. Ready to take on the world with a smile.
    "A friend knows how to allow for mere quantity in your talk, and will only reply to the quality." William Dean Howells

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast