Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    Predictions : Week of 072312

    This contest is closed to new participants. If you participated in the contest since January 1,2010 or you signed up on or before Saturday December 24,2011, you are eligible to participate.

    We have three events to predict this week. The ATP is playing at Kitzbuhel and Los Angeles while the WTA is playing at Baku.

    ATP BRACKETS

    Kitzbuhel : http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...PKITZBUHEL.htm Predictions will be due before start of play on Wednesday at 11 AM local (USA: 5 AM EST - 2 PM PST)

    Los Angeles : http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...LOSANGELES.htm Predictions will be due before start of play on Wednesday at 2 PM local (5 PM EST)


    WTA BRACKETS

    Baku : http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...312WTABAKU.htm Predictions will be due before start of play on Wednesday at 10 AM local (USA: 1 AM EST - 10 PM PST Tuesday evening)

    PICKS:

    After the deadlines pass, you will be able to find everyone's picks at:
    http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...12allpicks.htm

    By the way, with the Olympics starting on Saturday and per tennis schedule, doubles will be due before play starts at 11:30 AM local(USA: 6:30 AM EST - 3:30 AM PST) on Tuesday July 31st and singles due on Wednesday August 1st at 11:30 AM local (USA: 6:30 AM EST - 3:30 AM PST)
    Last edited by patrick; 07-24-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

  2. #2

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    All predictions will be due Wednesday.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

  3. #3
    Scrub King
    Awards Showcase

    TennisBen21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Big Blue Nation
    Posts
    897
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    Baku is a joke right? Panova is the highest ranked player left............*brings out dartboard*
    TAT's self-proclaimed resident King of Scrubdom.


    Scrub of the Week (aka whatever period of time until I get to it): Margalita Chakhnashvili - SF at $25K Caserta, ITA

  4. #4
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    53,190
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    Quote Originally Posted by TennisBen21 View Post
    Baku is a joke right? Panova is the highest ranked player left............*brings out dartboard*
    I wasn't laughing.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  5. #5

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    I think we've finally found something that's actually worse than the week before a Slam... the week before the Olympics.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

  6. #6
    Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

    omess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London, Canada
    Posts
    8,776

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    I think we've finally found something that's actually worse than the week before a Slam... the week before the Olympics.
    Baku was so hard...

  7. #7

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    Baku ALREADY started!? Damn.

  8. #8

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    I thought the Olympic tennis didn't start until Monday. Turns out it starts Saturday. How in the heck is Kohlschreiber even entered this week? It seems like that goes against some "two tournaments in the same week" rule.

  9. #9

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    I thought the Olympic tennis didn't start until Monday. Turns out it starts Saturday. How in the heck is Kohlschreiber even entered this week? It seems like that goes against some "two tournaments in the same week" rule.
    But Olympics is ITF and Kitzbuhel is ATP, no? Might as well get paid for warming up...

    From the Dept. of General Whining: already lost my top half semifinalists in Baku. Pfffffffft.

  10. #10

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    Quote Originally Posted by TennisBen21 View Post
    Baku is a joke right? Panova is the highest ranked player left............*brings out dartboard*
    Wow...I can't believe it but I got the winner in Baku. I'd say how many other people did too but ... that doesn't seem to be working again this week
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

  11. #11

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Wow...I can't believe it but I got the winner in Baku. I'd say how many other people did too but ... that doesn't seem to be working again this week
    That is my fault, but with me involved in 3 contests, plus you know... my material life, something had to give.
    I'll see if I can get them up in a while before I head off to work.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

  12. #12

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    That is my fault, but with me involved in 3 contests, plus you know... my material life, something had to give.
    I'll see if I can get them up in a while before I head off to work.
    Thanks for all your hard work.

    Idea: When you do get the picks up, can you post it in this thread? I rarely check them now because I know how difficult it is to get them up, so I just put it out of my mind.

  13. #13

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work.

    Idea: When you do get the picks up, can you post it in this thread? I rarely check them now because I know how difficult it is to get them up, so I just put it out of my mind.
    They're always in the weekly thread. Patrick provides the link in his first post.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

  14. #14

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    They're always in the weekly thread. Patrick provides the link in his first post.
    I meant bump the thread with a "the link works now."

  15. #15

    Re: Predictions : Week of 072312

    Up and running
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •