Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Prediction Scores : Week of 070912

This week's results can be found at the following link:

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...912RESULTS.htm

You can use the tabs at the bottom of the report to show sorted results by category.

Our winner for the week is BHar11 with Kanditoo finishing second followed by Garp6 finishing third.

On the ATP, PeterSkan finished first with Kanditoo and BHar11 finishing in a tie for second.

On the WTA, Pingponger finished first with TennisBen21, FeBravo and BHar11 finishing in a tie for second.

Congratulations to this week's winners and high-scorers!
    Last edited by patrick; 07-16-2012 at 05:26 AM.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Re: Prediction Scores : Week of 070912

Lowest scores in two tournaments (one by 3) and missed a tournament where the minimum score was 18...great week for me!

Second high score for Umag though, so still very feast or famine.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Hey, I cracked the placements this week - hooray! I've been so close lately, but not quite close enough. Congrats to the winners - it sure isn't a skill contest, it's a crapshoot - no accounting for who is going to w/d or when or why?

Hey - this is a little creepy ... Orange Peterskan wins the ATP but Green Peterskan finishes in a tie for 2nd on the ATP. Is Green Peterskan the evil twin? Were they separated at birth?

What will Randomskan say? Probably "Whatever".
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSkan View Post
    Hey - this is a little creepy ... Orange Peterskan wins the ATP but Green Peterskan finishes in a tie for 2nd on the ATP. Is Green Peterskan the evil twin? Were they separated at birth?

What will Randomskan say? Probably "Whatever".
    Have made the correction above. Orange Peterskan will stay the winner of the ATP but the Green Peterskan has been booted as BHar11 finished in a tie for 2nd.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Sigh. Either I was trying to be too clever, or I just didn't trust the performance of top players in the week after a major. I had all six of the winners making it to the final, but only two of them winning. I just see in looking back at my picks, that in five of the six tournaments, I had predicted the number two seed to defeat the number one in the final. For the record, top seeds won five of the six tournaments this week, with only Cilic (2) bucking the trend. Had I stuck with the top seeds in the four other tournaments, I would have come out on top for the week.

Congratulations to those who ignored the siren call of upsets to score high this week.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Congratulations BHar et al! Well done!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Congrats, son, for winning this week's predictions. That still doesn't mean you know more about tennis than I do! Well done to the other high scorers. I found last week difficult for me to predict - too many tournaments!

TA
    Last edited by TennisAnyone74; 07-16-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    My Beloved Mother