Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: THRNY 2012 - Lounge

I considered 3 trades: Tsonga (lost early and now out here), Delpo (early loss) and Berdych (idem). So glad I didn't trade them in.

Not that Murray did much better, but still.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Losing to Chardy and then colliding with a fire hydrant? Jo, Jo, Jo... *smh*

Just a reminder that the final trade deadline for THRNY is tomorrow, Sunday August 19th at 2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific. No reason not to use up those trades.....unless you have the perfect team already.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Think this sums up THRtNY for me perfectly...Federer earns 100 points in Cincinatti (previously on my team a couple weeks ago.) The 9 people I DO have combine for 118 points.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

It could come down to the wire this week. As far as I can tell the top six are the people with legitimate chances to medal. Omegadoom is in the lead and has the most top players left. I believe it's almost impossible for anyone to overtake him (It would take Mayer, Benneteau, or Harrison winning the title, among other things).

The top six all have Querrey, Dolgopolov, and Malisse. Popular picks Paire and Mahut have already lost and contribute zero points. When you factor them out, here are the top six and their players. (If I made a mistake, it's likely to be someone having or not having Roddick or Harrison, who were both traded on and off many teams many times.)

1) Omegadoom-921
    Berdych, Isner, Tsonga, Anderson

2) Patrick-899
    Berdych, Isner, Anderson, L Mayer

3) Waylandboy-892

Benneteau, Anderson

4) Charlie-884
    Tsonga, Harrison

5) Fiercehart-866
    Tsonga, Roddick, Anderson

6) Togdyalttai-855
    Tsonga, Berydch, Roddick, Anderson
    Last edited by Charlie02123; 08-20-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    It could come down to the wire this week. As far as I can tell the top six are the people with legitimate chances to medal. Omegadoom is in the lead and has the most top players left. I believe it's almost impossible for anyone to overtake him (It would take Mayer, Benneteau, or Harrison winning the title, among other things).

The top six all have Querrey, Dolgopolov, and Malisse. Popular picks Paire and Mahut have already lost and contribute zero points. When you factor them out, here are the top six and their players. (If I made a mistake, it's likely to be someone having or not having Roddick or Harrison, who were both traded on and off many teams many times.)

1) Omegadoom-921
    Berdych, Isner, Tsonga, Anderson

2) Patrick-899
    Berdych, Isner, Anderson, L Mayer

3) Waylandboy-892

Benneteau, Anderson

4) Charlie-882
    Tsonga, Harrison

5) Fiercehart-866
    Tsonga, Roddick, Anderson

6) Togdyalttai-855
    Tsonga, Berydch, Roddick, Anderson
    I actually have you with 884, Charlie. You're closer than you think.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

As far as I can tell, these are how things stand among the players who started this week in the top six. I added the point for any players who lost R32 and removed the players we all have.

Omegadoom -922
    Berdych, Isner, Tsonga
    Patrick -900
    Berdych, Isner
    Waylandboy -894
    No unique players left
    Charlie-885
    Tsonga
    Fiercehart-867
    Tsonga, Roddick
    Togtdyalttai-856
    Tsonga, Roddick, Berdych

So I can pass Waylandboy if Tsonga wins just one more round, but Fiercehart can pass me if Roddick makes the SF, and Tog will pass Fiercehart if Berdych makes the QF, and Patrick is far from safe in the #2 spot.

It's madness I tells ya. Madness!!!!

(I think the only scenario where Omegadoom doesn't take gold is if Berdych and Isner lose their next matches and Roddick takes the title. It that case, I believe Fiercehart would win by a single point.)

I'm pretty sure Waylandboy and Fiercehart are out of medal contention now. Tog is hot on my heels and will pass me if Berdych wins another round. If that happens, I need Tsonga to win the tournament to have any hope of passing Patrick.

So I need Darcis to pull another upset, or count on Tsonga. It's like bungee jumping with no harness.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Waylandboy and Fiercehart are out of medal contention now. Tog is hot on my heels and will pass me if Berdych wins another round. If that happens, I need Tsonga to win the tournament to have any hope of passing Patrick.

So I need Darcis to pull another upset, or count on Tsonga. It's like bungee jumping with no harness.
    I probably am out but I should still have Isner and not sure you contemplated that. Thought I traded Fish out and kept Isner.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercehart View Post
    I probably am out but I should still have Isner and not sure you contemplated that. Thought I traded Fish out and kept Isner.
    Aha! You're right. Well then it looks like it's between you, Tog, and Patrick for the #2 and #3 spots.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123