Tennis Playing Celebrities

one member proposed to open such a thread, to discuss and talk about celebrities that hack a ball play tennis just like us better then we do.
    My contribution:
    Katherine Hepburn was a tennis fan. She played every day (when possible). One thing: she played allowing TWO bounces, and if not, she didn't.
    She was Katherine Hepburn, ok?

Humphrey Bogart's first role ever was opening a door into a room and saying the famous words "Tennis anyone?". I forget the film. He also hit a few every once in a while.
    50 ways to leave your (non) lover: "I hope you understand me when I say it was torture having met you"

Re: Tennis Playing Celebrities

Once, I interviewed the owner of an LA tennis club (he also started the Tennis Channel), and he was impressed with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Said he hit ball 100 just as hard as ball one. So I guess Ahnuld plays, or did.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

What about the (in)famous Elizabeth Shue?

I know Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks NBA team used to play. Not sure if he still does.
    Oh heaven...I wake with good intentions but the day it always lasts too long... Emeli Sande

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post

I know Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks NBA team used to play. Not sure if he still does.
    I got to interview Elisabeth Shue at Indian Wells! She said her goal was not to play at the US Open, but to be the lowest-ranked played in the ITF. She's abandoned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post

Dirk was interviewed in Miami during the SEO. He said something to the tune of "I have a big serve and big forehand but not much else."
    Go Pack Go!

Thanks for making the the thread. Other than Hayden Panettiere and Bar Rafeli. Im guessing Jerry Seinfeld actually plays Tennis

On the 60 Minutes special last night in memory of Mike Wallace, they talked about Mike playing tennis with Johnny Carson and how competitive Johnny Carson was (hated to lose). Johnny was a mainstay in the stands at Wimbledon over the years.
    Winter Commencement 2011