Agree Agree:  34
Likes Likes:  69
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
Results 376 to 387 of 387
  1. #376

    Re: Injury and Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    I thought of Del Potro first, too. However, wasn't his wrist surgery only on his non-dominant hand? I could be wrong.
    Unfortunately for him, he's had injuries to both wrists. Believe the first injury was to his right, which is his dominant hand, and why he was out for so long that time, so still okay I'd say to use him as an example of successfully coming back from that kind of injury.

  2. #377

    Re: Injury and Illness

    WTA Insider

    Verified account

    @WTA_insider
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Simona Halep on her decision to withdraw ahead of the semifinals at #QatarTotalOpen.

    "The MRI shows that I have fluid and also tendonitis at the fourth toe. So I have just to take care of it and think about the health first."
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth (paraphrased)


  3. #378

    Re: Injury and Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    WTA Insider

    Verified account

    @WTA_insider
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Simona Halep on her decision to withdraw ahead of the semifinals at #QatarTotalOpen.

    "The MRI shows that I have fluid and also tendonitis at the fourth toe. So I have just to take care of it and think about the health first."
    It's like a sympathy affliction for Lauren Davis's toenail.

    Also, she took a wild card into Dubai next week. Guess that's out.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 02-16-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

  4. #379

    Re: Injury and Illness

    Can we now assume Petra has fully recovered from her injury?
    Roger forever

  5. #380

    Re: Injury and Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Can we now assume Petra has fully recovered from her injury?
    yes.
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

  6. #381

    Re: Injury and Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by the Moz View Post
    yes.
    I'll never be sure about this. I'm not at all sure that she'll ever have full feeling in all of her fingers. But, she's clearly currently doing a great job at least of compensating.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

  7. #382
    cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

    liam_valid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,085

    Re: Injury and Illness

    Does Serena have a protected ranking? And if so how long will it last?

  8. #383

    Re: Injury and Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    Does Serena have a protected ranking? And if so how long will it last?
    She does, but it's a moot point. As a slam champion, she can receive unlimited wildcards.

  9. #384
    cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

    liam_valid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,085

    Re: Injury and Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    She does, but it's a moot point. As a slam champion, she can receive unlimited wildcards.
    I was thinking more of her seeding should she play any slams this season

  10. #385

    Re: Injury and Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    I was thinking more of her seeding should she play any slams this season
    It's forbidden to use protected rankings for seedings anywhere. She will be unseeded.
    Roger forever

  11. #386

    Re: Injury and Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    It's forbidden to use protected rankings for seedings anywhere. She will be unseeded.
    Except maybe at Wimbledon? I seem to remember them having a committee review to potentially make changes...

  12. #387

    Re: Injury and Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    Except maybe at Wimbledon? I seem to remember them having a committee review to potentially make changes...
    Yes, but only within the Top 32... But anyway, if Serena wins IW and Miami, she'll be seeded for RG!

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •