Agree Agree:  11
Likes Likes:  29
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Re: Injury and Illness

This reminds me of the Dale Earnhardt crash. Looked routine enough but he had died instantly.
    Towel avatar power, do your thing!

Does anyone remember Anabel Medina Garrigues's injury to her knee at the Australian Open in 2002? When I saw the tape of BMS falling - ESPN replayed it with Stubbsie's commentary instead of the audio - I was reminded of that. One minute the player is moving well, the next - she's down. (I think Anabel had ACL reconstruction only, though, no broken bones - ACL replacements are hard enough as it is!) I hope Bethanie can come back from such a nasty combination of problems. She's incredibly competitive - I picture her on a bench with her leg propped up hitting balls like Thomas Muster did after a car crushed his leg in Miami way back when.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I was just wondering did she somehow move incorrectly, fell or something special happened. Our knees don't just crumble like that from running alone...
    She was charging the net, and at the point where you sort of plant your leg in front of you and put most of your weight on it to slide/stop. It wouldn't take much to hit a good bump or crack in the dirt to cause the knee to bend the wrong way, IMO.

I hope she can play doubles again, I would be utterly shocked if she can play singles. But who knows, I thought Petra was finished and I'm happy to be wrong
    Last edited by Woody; 07-12-2017 at 11:19 AM.

I thought she had had surgery on/had injured her right knee before.

http://www.cbssports.com/tennis/news...h-knee-injury/
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Danielle Rossingh‏
    @DRossingh

Novak Djokovic, in Serbian: "maybe i will miss half a year playing." Sounds like won't make US Open.
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

That's sad... Not a fan, but without him won't be the same. Particularly with Murray's health also being suspect.
    Roger forever

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Serious question that sounds somewhat less crazy than it once did: if Roger wins 3 majors this year, does he admit to even a little regret about the French?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Serious question that sounds somewhat less crazy than it once did: if Roger wins 3 majors this year, does he admit to even a little regret about the French?
    With the way Nadal crushed the field - nope.
    We All Play for Canada

That's like a pessimist looking at a glass filled nearly to the brim and bitching that nothing has overflowed onto the table.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mysterX View Post
    That's like a pessimist looking at a glass filled nearly to the brim and bitching that nothing has overflowed onto the table.

Not at all. He'd not even be where he is now had he played a clay season. I'm willing to bet that he'll never play professionally on clay again.
    Roger forever

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718