Agree Agree:  59
Likes Likes:  103
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10253132333435

Re: Injury and Illness

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Nicole posted this on her social media accounts. From IG:

Wishing her all the best!
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Shoulder injuries. I had one once. It took a really long time to recover, and I was using steroids for the recovery.
    But when I came back, I started by just rallying. What I could not do was serve. So I started slowly, not playing sets or points because I had no serve. The rest I could do.
    So maybe she does not want to force it, but she can get some time on court for when she starts playing full strength.
    Also, she could be training only the physical part.
    Fine. Just rubbed me the wrong way. Like I said, I usually don't question injuries at all.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Not sure this is the right thread... In the Samarkand Challenger, Goncalo Oliveira first played his singles quartelfinals match, retiring while trailing 2:6, 2:5, which is dubious to say the least, A little bit later the same day he played his doubles semifinal (and won). IMO there should be a rule that a) calls for an investigation every time someone retires shortly before the end of a match and b) forbids to play doubles after pulling out of singles. (BTW I don't know anything about Oliveira or his matches.)

Quote Originally Posted by oliver0001 View Post
    Not sure this is the right thread... In the Samarkand Challenger, Goncalo Oliveira first played his singles quartelfinals match, retiring while trailing 2:6, 2:5, which is dubious to say the least, A little bit later the same day he played his doubles semifinal (and won). IMO there should be a rule that a) calls for an investigation every time someone retires shortly before the end of a match and b) forbids to play doubles after pulling out of singles. (BTW I don't know anything about Oliveira or his matches.)
    Alona pulled a similar stunt the other day retiring after losing the first set and down 4-5 in the second.

I agree with you.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oliver0001 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why a match has to be fully played in order to give action to a bet? It seems to just beg for abuse, any time a low ranked player has great odds, they could lay off bets on themselves, and just retire if they realize they can't win, and get their money back. Why can't a bet just be win/lose no matter how it happens?

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Can someone explain to me why a match has to be fully played in order to give action to a bet? It seems to just beg for abuse, any time a low ranked player has great odds, they could lay off bets on themselves, and just retire if they realize they can't win, and get their money back. Why can't a bet just be win/lose no matter how it happens?
    A lot of bookies in the UK pay out on retirements, provided the first set was completed. As a punter I prefer the matches to be void due to injury, there’s nothing more maddening than losing your money due to your player retiring mid match

NICOLEGIBBSFAN!!
    ‏@GibbsyyyyNO1FAN

GREAT NEWS!!! Surgery was successful��❤️❤️ so proud of you @Gibbsyyyy

posted by @Ysaline Bonaventure

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post

posted by @Ysaline Bonaventure
    She’s wearing tennis shoes, so no boot or anything. Hopefully just a precaution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Tom Tebbutt
    ‏@tomtebbutt

LYON ATP 250: Felix Auger-Aliassime loses 6-3, 6-4 to Benoit Paire in the final. In p.c. after said his groin injury got worse after 1st set. He thought about stopping but didn't want to ruin Paire's win. He said they will decide in next few days if he can play Roland Garros.

Mark Masters
    ‏Verified account
    @markhmasters

Coach Bruneau updates Andreescu's status:

"I'd love for her to be fine for Wimbledon, but it's too early to tell ... It's the same injury that she had, but it's not at the same level, it's not as bad"

Bianca can't hit for 10-15 days

http://fw.to/EkXrOnY

Petra Kvitova
    Verified account
    @Petra_Kvitova

Hi guys! Quick update for you.

Unfortunately Birmingham is too soon, but I'm working really hard to get back as soon as possible and - of course -keeping everything crossed for @Wimbledon

There's also a video message that she posted on Twitter that just says she loves Birmingham and hopes to return next year. Here's the link if you want to watch - https://twitter.com/the_LTA/status/1138798297378897921

News on Tamira Paszek:

The 28-year-old Tamira Paszek will not compete in the just started grass season. According to ORF Vorarlberg, the Dornbirner has suffered a protracted injury to the ankle bone, making the comeback at the Grand Slam tournament in Wimbledon out of the question. Paszek had returned to tournament after a long injury break in early March at two $ 15,000 ITF events in Egypt, scoring a quarter and a semi-final. After that, the former world ranking 26th prepared for the short season on her favorite turf surface. (APA, 11.6.2019) - derstandard.at/2000104666461/Tamira-Paszek-wegen-prungbeinverletzung-nicht-in-Wimbledon (via googletranslate)

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10253132333435