Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Injury and Illness

Another tough blow for Dancevic

Just when he was getting on a roll, in the final of a $50,000 Challenger in Tallahassee and 15-1 through his last three tournaments, Canadian Frank Dancevic was dealt another big blow Sunday.
    He wound up for a forehand, on a set point against him at 5-6 of the first set against American Tim Smyczek, and felt a pop in his back.
    If that doesn't make you wanna ... what does?

Dancevic fell to the court, and had to be helped to his chair by his opponent and the tournament trainer. Despite medical treatment, he had to retire from the match.
    We’re told Dancevic – who had issues with a herniated disc in his back that basically cost him a season a few years ago, right after he posted the best win of his career in upsetting David Nalbandian at Wimbledon – said the pop was the loudest thing he had ever heard. And he is in a lot of pain.

There were be no tennis for several weeks at least, pending an MRI.
    Dancevic’s ranking will rise to about No. 111 with his finals appearance in Tallahassee – the highest it has been since Sept. 2009. When he began his 2012 campaign after skipping the Australian Open qualifying, he was at No. 151 – so close to a main-draw berth at the French Open, after he had to battle through the qualifying at all four Grand Slams in 2011.
    And he had two more Challenger events planned in the U.S. before returning to Europe. If not the French Open, he would have looked pretty good for the main draw at Wimbledon.

Now, all is in limbo.
    Seriously, the guy can’t catch a break.

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...-for-dancevic/

Inactive, & loving Jesus
    Awards Showcase

Cribbage Master Champion, Ace Blackjack Champion, Disco Bowling Champion, Skee Ball Champion, Cribbage Square Champion, Deuces Wild Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Breakout Champion JTContinental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Injury and Illness - 2012

Today, in "insert joke here" injuries, Jack Sock is likely out until July with a...wait for it...groin tear.

http://tennis.com/articles/templates...7202&zoneid=25
    Welcome to my crazy game of fetch.

Re: Injury and Illness - 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Today, in "insert joke here" injuries, Jack Sock is likely out until July with a...wait for it...groin tear.

http://tennis.com/articles/templates...7202&zoneid=25
    Prolly a bit cross-eyed too.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Injury and Illness - 2011

from tennis.com ticker: http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...7293&zoneid=25
    Clijsters won't play Roland Garros

Ticker - Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kim Clijsters has not fully recovered from her hip injury and will be unable to compete at Roland Garros, her management company said in a statement.

The 28-year-old, who will end her career following this season, has been suffering from hip and ankle injuries. Clijsters conceded she was injured following her loss to compatriot Yanina Wickmayer in Miami last month.

The four-time Grand Slam champion had made winning Roland Garros as one of her main goals. The Belgian press reports her as saying that she will focus on the grass-court season including Rosmalen, Wimbledon, and the Olympic Games
    Countdown of great Sue Sylvester quotes from Glee
    #6:
    "Get ready for the ride of your life Will Schuester. You're about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination horror! "

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    from tennis.com ticker: http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...7293&zoneid=25
    Clijsters won't play Roland Garros

Ticker - Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kim Clijsters has not fully recovered from her hip injury and will be unable to compete at Roland Garros, her management company said in a statement.

The 28-year-old, who will end her career following this season, has been suffering from hip and ankle injuries. Clijsters conceded she was injured following her loss to compatriot Yanina Wickmayer in Miami last month.

The four-time Grand Slam champion had made winning Roland Garros as one of her main goals. The Belgian press reports her as saying that she will focus on the grass-court season including Rosmalen, Wimbledon, and the Olympic Games
    That's a shame.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Bummer.

What a shame

Monaco confirmed with a torn ankle ligament. Severe.
    At his age, this could be career defining, if not ending.
    He still says he will try to be ready for RG.
    I feel so bad. Irrational, but after he got me so many points last week in TSIP, I feel like I jinxed him for life :-(
    50 ways to leave your (non) lover: "I hope you understand me when I say it was torture having met you"

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Monaco confirmed with a torn ankle ligament. Severe.
    At his age, this could be career defining, if not ending.
    He still says he will try to be ready for RG.
    I feel so bad. Irrational, but after he got me so many points last week in TSIP, I feel like I jinxed him for life :-(
    Sooo sorry to hear this. I thought he'd go deep in every clay tournament this spring.
    Hard to come back from a torn ligament.
    Oh heaven...I wake with good intentions but the day it always lasts too long... Emeli Sande

Inactive, & loving Jesus
    Awards Showcase

Cribbage Master Champion, Ace Blackjack Champion, Disco Bowling Champion, Skee Ball Champion, Cribbage Square Champion, Deuces Wild Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Breakout Champion JTContinental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yikes. I dunno if we'll see him on court again...

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Terrible news

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Poor Pico.

Somewhere, Danielle is really sad at this news. He was a fave of hers.
    Countdown of great Sue Sylvester quotes from Glee
    #6:
    "Get ready for the ride of your life Will Schuester. You're about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination horror! "

Benneteau broke his elbow this morning.
    Oh heaven...I wake with good intentions but the day it always lasts too long... Emeli Sande

Inactive, & loving Jesus
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Eek, he looks like a propped up corpse. I hope he's on really good pain meds....

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Ms.pacman New Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Add Like Mad Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Base Jumping Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Pacman Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Pool Jam - 5 Minute Game Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Archery Champion, Magic Towers Solitaire Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They're dropping like flies!
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast