Agree Agree:  50
Likes Likes:  83
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456781429 ... LastLast
    milogatt

Re: Injury and Illness - 2012

Now time for everybody to retire from the Rogers Cup in Toronto and Montreal.

Federer, Ferrer, Murray, Monfils, Sharapova, Williams, Rafa... I think they should revise the entire schedule of both ATP and WTA

It's a kind of crazy.
    Last edited by dryrunguy; 08-13-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Link removed

People have been saying that for years and some changes have been made but the reality is that the powers of both the ATP and WTA, and the ITF for that matter, can't ever get together and make decisions that would be agreed upon. The tour wants the exposure and the maximum amount of money. The tournaments, obviously, don't have an interest in being closed down or have their status changed - see problems with Hamburg. The players don't want to many required tournaments but they are willing to play exhibitions all over the world. The top ranked players are really the ones for which the scheduling becomes a problem and that is a problem because the majority of the players need to play as many tournaments as possible in order to achieve ranking points and money to keep going and have a nice lifestyle that goes along with being a professional athlete. Nothing will change until you can bring all these groups together and that hasn't happened yet.

Barbara

Exclamation Re: Injury and Illness - 2012

Just read about the fact that both Sharapova and Azarenka may not play at the US Open. It is becoming ridiculous. How is it possible that they are arranging schedules so as top players are not able to compete important tournaments?

Insane!!!

http://www.tennistonic.com/pg/tennis...ay-the-US-Open

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Just read about the fact that both Sharapova and Azarenka may not play at the US Open. It is becoming ridiculous. How is it possible that they are arranging schedules so as top players are not able to compete important tournaments?

Insane!!!

http://www.tennistonic.com/pg/tennis...ay-the-US-Open
    Despite the wording of the URL, the article indicates that both of them intend to play the Open. And I dont think there has been any other scuttlebutt to the contrary.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Despite the wording of the URL, the article indicates that both of them intend to play the Open. And I dont think there has been any other scuttlebutt to the contrary.

I think the post may have been more about directing people to that particular website than it was about the injury itself, Megan. I'm always a little leery when someone's initial post on TAT involves a link to an outside website.
    Last edited by Moose; 08-10-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I think the post may have been more about directing people to that particular website than it was about the injury itself, Megan. I'm always a little leery when someone's initial post on TAT involves a link to an outside website.
    Oh, in the app I cant tell how many pists someone has made. That makes sense then.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Re: Injury and Illness - 2011

Andrea Petkovic ‏@andreapetkovic
    So it's a rupture of the meniscus, back to Germany as soon as possible for an arthroscopy. Relieved it wasn't the ACL again.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Andrea Petkovic ‏@andreapetkovic
    So it's a rupture of the meniscus, back to Germany as soon as possible for an arthroscopy. Relieved it wasn't the ACL again.
    Bad luck. Get well Petko

Eduardo Schwank confirms reports he's had surgery on his hand and will be inactive for two months. No Davis Cup for him.

Google Translation: Today I had an arthroscopy, plus a tenosynovectomy in his right hand and I will be inactive for two months due to a chronic tenosynovitis of the extensor tendons of the wrist, but wrist articular synovitis of right wrist

Original Spanish: eduardo schwank ‏@schwank10
    Hoy me realizaron una artroscopia, más una tenosinovectomia en la mano derecha y estaré inactivo por dos meses

debido a por una tenosinovitis crónica de los tendones extensores de la muñeca, mas sinovitis articular radiocarpiana de muñeca derecha
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Re: Injury and Illness

T Kokkinakis playing tonight for John Isner in Hopman CUP - vs Verdasco -- (Knee???)

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

According to Miguel Seabra, Argentina's Leonardo Mayer burned himself playing with fireworks on New Year's Eve and is out of Auckland and possibly longer.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    According to Miguel Seabra, Argentina's Leonardo Mayer burned himself playing with fireworks on New Year's Eve and is out of Auckland and possibly longer.
    He's been ruled out of Davis Cup so I'm guessing it'll be longer.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

(guess we won't see her again til clay season - how sad)

Former top 10 player Andrea Petkovic has undergone surgery on a torn meniscus - an injury she sustained in her first match at the Hopman Cup in Perth a few days ago.

The German will now be sidelined for at least two months.

The German has already pulled out of the Australian Open and will now also miss Germany's first-round Fed Cup tie in February. The operation was carried out on Thursday.

Petkovic has dropped to no. 125 in the rankings after an injury plagued 12 months in which she also had to overcome serious back and ankle injuries.

But the German remains hopeful that she will be back to tennis in a couple of months time.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/WTA---...icolo7687.html
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    He's been ruled out of Davis Cup so I'm guessing it'll be longer.
    The Argentinian DC team is dropping like flies. Can Carlos Berlocq play doubles by himself?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    The Argentinian DC team is dropping like flies. Can Carlos Berlocq play doubles by himself?
    Berlocq retired today in Auckland qualifying, so that doesn't sound promising either.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456781429 ... LastLast