Agree Agree:  59
Likes Likes:  103
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7222829303132333435 LastLast

Re: Injury and Illness

Making me rethink my work trip to Canada tomorrow - I have a league match over the weekend to be concerned about*!

walking boot.
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Richard Gasquet
    ‏Verified account
    @richardgasquet1

The surgery went well! Now rest and rehab! Hope to come as soon as possible on tour. Thanks for your support !! #munich #laforce

I don't know if it was mentioned here. He had hernia surgery.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Sharapova undergoes minor shoulder procedure, withdraws from Miami

Maria Sharapova announced she has undergone a small shoulder procedure and will be out of action for a few weeks.
    WTA INSIDER COURTNEY NGUYEN
    February 27, 2019

Maria Sharapova underwent 'a small procedure' on her right shoulder last week and has withdrawn from the Miami Open. The five-time major champion announced the news on her Instagram on Wednesday.

"I have just withdrawn from the Miami Open and wanted to give you a little update on the shoulder," Sharapova wrote on Instagram.

"As many of you know, I have struggled with shoulder pain since last summer. For ten weeks post US Open, I focused on getting my rotator cuff and scapula strong to support a surgically repaired fraying tendon and a small labrum tear. Although my shoulder got strong, it didn't help the pain on impact."

"After a few different opinions in a few different countries, last week I had a small procedure done which will take a few weeks to heal."

"Although this has been a very long process, I am incredibly committed to getting back strong and more importantly without the pain I was playing with at the beginning of the year."

Now ranked No.29, Sharapova has battled with right shoulder issues since undergoing surgery in the summer of 2008. At the Australian Open in January, she told reporters she was still in search of a solution to her ongoing shoulder pain, which she described as a pain management situation.

Struggling with injury, Sharapova has been able to play just three events so far in the 2019 season, having been forced to retire in two of them. After a strong run to the Round of 16 in Melbourne, where she defeated defending champion Caroline Wozniacki before bowing out the Ashleigh Barty in three sets, Sharapova was forced to withdraw mid-tournament from the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy due to her shoulder.

After skipping the Middle East swing, the Russian also announced she would be unable to play the BNP Paribas Open, which begins next week.

Sharapova's next scheduled event is the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, which begins in Stuttgart, Germany on April 22nd.

https://www.wtatennis.com/news/shara...ithdraws-miami
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

More:

Juan M. del Potro

Verified account

@delpotrojuan

(English Version)

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

So... as someone who never really used twitter I have to wonder what's even the point of it anymore? I've noticed it's just blocks of text as images now to presumably circumvent the already relaxed character limit.
    I disapprove of this message

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    So... as someone who never really used twitter I have to wonder what's even the point of it anymore? I've noticed it's just blocks of text as images now to presumably circumvent the already relaxed character limit.
    Just a different form of conversation. It has evolved from its snippet origins, but still pretty digestible. I'm not a huge Twitter user. I go in spurts.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

My experience is that they post the same message across all their Social Media platforms. If you create it for Instagram then you can just paste the same image in Twitter.

For anyone wondering where BMS has been recently. She just had another knee surgery in NYC three days ago. First picture on the bike is 24 hours after surgery (2 days ago), and the one with the doctor is from yesterday.

Brad won't win any spelling bee's but I think his message is clear. Wishing him the best.

Brad Gilbert
    ‏Verified account
    @bgtennisnation

where your sunscreen my toughest opponent of my career the sun ☀️ got me again 1st of a couple Mohs surgeries today on the leg ��

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Brad won't win any spelling bee's but I think his message is clear. Wishing him the best.
    Spelling is atrocious. I completely missed that there was a first time. Hope he is better soon. And now that I know this, I'll probably actually miss him from the broadcasts if he's not able to call matches the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    He's lucky the surgery is on his leg rather than his face - speaking from experience.
    "The official and decisive text to the Rules of Tennis shall be for ever in the English
    language...." ITF Rules of Tennis 2011

Elina Svitolina just announced on her IG account that she is taking time off to let her knee heal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvermZsn...=15vo4z9o38iz2

Strangely, I think that probably helps her odds for Roland Garros. Don't overplay during the clay swing, and go in with less pressure on herself.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7222829303132333435 LastLast