Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Re: Injury and Illness - 2011

And then there's Nole. While not a physical injury/illness, he certainly played through pain in this morning's match. He obviously played this one "for grandpop" ---

Poor Monaco, he always has really bad timing with his injuries and illnesses. I remember his pneumonia a few years back when he was having a big surge in the rankings. Just now was recovering his ancient form and now this. Bad, bad luck.
    THRNY 2014 is open! Entries due by July 14.

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ad-to-New-York

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

I just watched the replay of Murray/Benneteau. That was a really NASTY fall for poor Julien. The medics have taped his ankle and now working on his wrist, but nothing with his elbow. They appear to be manipulating the wrist and bending the forearm in strange angles. Now they are taping the wrist.

He's going out to try to serve - but says he can't do it. That's it. SAD.

The weird thing is that Monaco's and Benneteau's falls, injuries (to the ankle anyway), injury timeouts exactly where they fell, and retirements after playing 2-3 more points, were very similar.
    Go Pack Go!

Former world No. 5 Tommy Rodredo, who hasnít played a match since late October due to a serious left leg injury, says that while he is feeling great and rehabbing six to eight hours a day, he will not attempt to compete at Roland Garros, as he does not believe he is up to playing five-set matches yet. "I envy my colleagues," he told Mundo Deportivo. "Iíll be 30 years old next week. I'm young and I have always been very careful, I see two, three or four more years of playing quietly. To wake in the morning and compete is awesome. When you are on the outside you see more things you value, what you have and want it back"

http://tennis.com/ticker/index.aspx
    Me and Flavia Pennetta, we got a thing going on

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Former world No. 5 Tommy Rodredo, who hasnít played a match since late October due to a serious left leg injury, says that while he is feeling great and rehabbing six to eight hours a day, he will not attempt to compete at Roland Garros, as he does not believe he is up to playing five-set matches yet. "I envy my colleagues," he told Mundo Deportivo. "Iíll be 30 years old next week. I'm young and I have always been very careful, I see two, three or four more years of playing quietly. To wake in the morning and compete is awesome. When you are on the outside you see more things you value, what you have and want it back"

http://tennis.com/ticker/index.aspx

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Injury and Illness - 2012

Apparently, Andrea has badly rolled her ankle in her roudn of 16 match against Viktoria Azarenka, and had to be helped off the court by Vika and the trainer.

So much bad luck for her.

(Can someone who matters make this thread sticky, so that this year's injuries don't continue to be inserted into the 2011 thread?)

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I moved all of the 2012 posts from the 2011 thread into here.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Thanks, shtexas.

Andrea Petkovic injury.

Oh heaven...I wake with good intentions but the day it always lasts too long... Emeli Sande

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Good on Vika for her helpfulness

Oh heaven...I wake with good intentions but the day it always lasts too long... Emeli Sande

(Reuters) - World number 12 Andrea Petkovic will miss next month's French Open and the Wimbledon championships in June after tearing ligaments in her ankle, the German said on Friday.

Petkovic, who only returned to the tour at this week's Stuttgart Grand Prix following more than three months out with a stress fracture of her back, is also doubtful for the London Olympics in July.

The 24-year-old turned her ankle while attempting a forehand in her second-round defeat by world number one Victoria Azarenka on Thursday. (Reporting by Karolos Grohmann editing by Tony Jimenez)

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/0...8FR8TR20120427

TATChat Moderator hurricanejeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Andrea's ankle roll was like Tati-Miami Redux.

I'm not a fan of her's but considering she literally just came back from a back injury last week this blows on a whole new level.
    There's a room where the light won't find you
    Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down
    When they do
    I'll be right behind you

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

I feel SO BAD for her - TC bottom line this morning said that she would be out for another three months with the ankle. I found her quite charming -

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast